Annoying truss envelope at tail: how to eliminate?

GeneDavis

My first problem was this... The square cuts did form properly..... but the entire truss was not generating properly.  Then when I edited it and created the entire truss it made plumb cuts when I locked the envelope.  If I don't lock the envelope then I get all these multiple copies of this broken truss. What causes this truss to not generate properly??? 

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 1.09.06 AM.png

Are you working in X10 or X11 ?  It seems there is a bit or an issue with the software and square cuts not forming properly. However it looks like you have another major issue with your Attic truss.  They are tricky and you may have to be absolutely sure the entire structure is symmetrical.  However if you can't find the glitch for the auto build you can almost always do it manually.

You can post your plan file here or send it to tech support and wait a couple of days.

It seems to be the little alcove in the top right side of the bonus room.  Not sure the software knows what to do with that.  I would run the long wall through to the end and make the small area an attic room for now until you finish the trusses.  Lock them all and redo the little alcove after.   Hope that helps as I am out of time today but will check in with you next time I am available.

Attic Truss.jpg