Sign in to follow this  
cjanderson66

CUSTOM ARROWS

Does anyone know how to create custom arrows for leaders.  I know Chief has many different arrows to select but I am still old school and like the thick arrows that I used to draw that are Architectural.  This has been one of my pet peeves is keeping my drawings looking Architecturally hand drawn i.e. text, line weights dims, and arrow are key.

Chief actually has 4 left slash and 4 right slash arrows for dimensioning.  They are 4 different line weights and you can set the arrow you want & its size in the Dimension Defaults.  I like to use the middle (#3) weight right slash with a size of 2"-5" depending on the dwg scale.

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By divreig
      Anyone know how to change label text size? I am working on a large building and the layout scaling is 1/32". The labels are too small and cant be read. I cant find options for text size all the label panel, all it has that box that says use default, that I can check and uncheck. But don't know where to edit this default size or the individual label text size. 

• By Ridge_Runner
      I am having a problem with Rich text adding double arrows, one on each line segment. It just started doing this in X10. I have looked in Help and looked thru numerous pages on Search and find no option to even add a second arrow, much less turn it off! Very frustrating. Anyone know how to change this to just one arrow? One old topic suggested the Connect Line Segments might be turned off, but that is not the case; I checked and it is On.
    • By trentsbc
      Is there a way in Chief to do a multiple copy/replicate object of a text object and have the ability to auto update the text? Specifically, I need to multiple copy text and need it to update the text from 250 to 251 etc. I need to do this hundreds of times. :/
    • By DecoratorsCorner
      I just upgraded to X10 and all of my text boxes are misaligned so once I have finished writing my text and press OK to go back to floor plan view, I can only see half of the text. The text is also misaligned with the white background of the text box. The white background is where it should be. I have even tried to change the layer and alter it as a custom text size to see if it was a setting issue but it is the same problem for all layers. 
      Help!
    • By EliciaC
      Hi!
      I use Chief for a semi-production home builder. We have stock plans that are customized. I want to be able to draw my plans with the front door side down, but when you send the layout box linked to a camera view to the layout page, you cannot rotate it.
      So, I have to rotate my plan layout pages to fit the side view on our 11x17 paper. Rotating the title block and the layout-box itself is fine, but the dimensions text rotates incorrectly. All our text boxes face right or down.
      When I rotate the plan-layout-box to the right, the text stays facing right, (now up) but the dimensions turn so they are now facing left / down. 
      When I rotate the plan-layout-box to the left, the text stays the way it should still, but now the up-down dimensions rotate to the right/up.  

I have tried all alternatives around the "rotate with plan" checkbox in the dimension defaults.

Can anyone help me keep the dimensions the way they are on the plans? 
      Thanks!
      Elicia 

(chief X9)