2nd floor at Attic under roof issue

Designer100

I do not even have client yet. But contractor roughly gave me info. I need the 2nd floor living area to be under roof of this metail bldg. with 16 ft eave ht. I was making 1st floor ceiling under living area at garage 2 area and then garage area 1 open to steel rafters. When I make a bldg. section it is not putting cabinets and room where it is surpose to be. I want it to be like attached elevation. when I make the garage area to ceiling 11' then it changes the whole right side of bldg. eave ht. 

I would apprciate any help.

Thanks,

Newell 

Front Elevation 1.jpg

Starr.Cole Seabrook Metal Bldg.plan

Looks like your second floor is in the attic space.  Select those walls/fixtures, cut them (ctrl-X).  Go to main floor, set your heights as you want.  Build a second floor.  Paste then hold in place.  I did this and items appear to place normally on the new 2nd floor (room definitions etc).  I did delete the windows (maybe they were manually set), then placed new windows which did position according to my default settings.

Chief Architect does not allow living space to be created in "Attic Space" <A>, not now, not ever, it is not programmed to allow that to occur. I agree with Madcowscarnival in that you should make a "save-as" copy of your plan, delete the objects currently on your "Attic Level", then build an actual second floor under the existing roof, straighten up the settings and then you can copy-paste-hold position the furniture and cabinetry from your failed plan to the new copy, so not all your prior work is then lost.

DJP

• Upvote 1