3 Form brand cad files

KailuaDesigns

I am working on a design using 3 Form ceiling materials and they offer dwg files and revit files which I assume are the actual shapes to use in the drawing. Can Chief Architect Interiors 11 open either of these files? It doesn't work when I try to import them as a dwg the typical way although I have done that in the past with other files.

1 hour ago, KailuaDesigns said:

I am working on a design using 3 Form ceiling materials and they offer dwg files and revit files which I assume are the actual shapes to use in the drawing. Can Chief Architect Interiors 11 open either of these files? It doesn't work when I try to import them as a dwg the typical way although I have done that in the past with other files.

Took a look, different. Near as I can tell all of the dwg files are 2D which will not make a symbol if that  is what you are after.  AFAIK there is no way to convert Revit symbols without having Revit (if anyone knows I'd love to hear?) Rummaging around there is one file zip file with a few 3DS files in it. IF any of those are what you are after they work. The file is 3form_shapes_files_3ds_format.zip. What it has in it:Shapes.thumb.png.b34be34ca8bb42302508bd96f72e2c84.png

For any of the others you would have to start with something 2D and make a symbol from that. IF you have CAD details in Interiors (I know you don't have detail from view)-would be CAD, CAD detail management-new. You can bring in a 2D dwg and start from that. Bit of work though.