Updating From Defaults

4hotshoez

Todd,

Insert a window in a plan. Then open that window spec dbx & browse through all the tabs. All the values you see w/ a (D), or "Use Default" or the Default field is selected, those are the values that change when the defaults are changed. That's it.  So things like, size, hgt abv flr, etc do not change after they are inserted. Those values are not dynamic. to change those properties that are not dynamic in existing windows, you must select the window(s) & change them manually.

This applies to everything else in Chief too.

You can "Shift-Select" or group select objects after the fact and then make changes to those group-selected objects. There are several methods of group selecting objects that are described in the Reference Manual and Video Tutorials, take a look.

The best method is to set all defaults before drawing the first wall but that has to be learned to be fully appreciated by new users.

DJP

You can "Shift-Select" or group select objects after the fact and then make changes to those group-selected objects. There are several methods of group selecting objects that are described in the Reference Manual and Video Tutorials, take a look.

The best method is to set all defaults before drawing the first wall but that has to be learned to be fully appreciated by new users.

DJP

I am consuming the RM and videos as fast as I have time for, but it also good to know when I reached the limits of the app or when I have "hit a wall". I do know about Shift click and did that, but I do not want to miss an opportunity to work more effectively. I am beginning to appreciate the pre-set defaults, but even if I miss a few, I am already working faster than before. Sometimes I learn something and cannot remember where it was or how to find it. One day at a time.