Window Callouts

VHI_WMA

Is there any way to change the auto-generated window numbers that appear as callouts when you make a window schedule? I know you can choose to use a user-generated label instead, but I like the checks and balances of a callout for all similar windows, and the look of a shaped border. Unfortunately, can't figure out how to make that happen here. 

What I want to happen: all similar windows have a callout with a shape border that I can set, and which will appear in order in my schedule, and as the label on my elevations

What is happening: Chief generates a callout which I cannot change. If I make a custom label, it shows only as text/no shape border.

Any advice is appreciated

thanks

Thanks Solver

Thats only part of the issue

I would like to show all similar windows with the same callout, ie, all 2-8 x 4-0 DH as A

where A is a callout inside of a shaped border

3 hours ago, StephenG said:

Thanks Solver

Thats only part of the issue

I would like to show all similar windows with the same callout, ie, all 2-8 x 4-0 DH as A

where A is a callout inside of a shaped border

I want that too, can't currently be done with standard tools. See this suggestion if you want to add your voice to the request:

I have a question

I need to change my window labels on an addition i am doing

i need the label to be 'EXISTING' and cannot specify the label when i open the window.

All the ratio buttons and check boxes are locked - or cant be clicked on

they are not 'grayed out' they look like you should be able to edit them, but i cannot.

I can still change size and materials but that label feature is completely locked

even if i open a new file to test

please help

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TJGruen
    Newest Member
    TJGruen

• By wazzubrad
      Guys, I am starting to find some of the limitations that I see discussed in the forums and am wondering if this is one of those. The current plan I am working on has various footing widths and depths specified by the engineer for the foundation walls. While trying to create a wall schedule that will show each wall based on footing width and depth and when I look at the available macro's under Object Properties for a macro I don't see anything specific to the footing depth. Anyone know if this property exists for a foundation wall?

• By Designer100
      !) Need family windows from floor all the way to btm of roof 7.5x5.5 beams like picture.any ideals?
      2) Need to design beams that are arched like picture. Any ideals. 

Gibson.Dan.Martha.zip
    • By gravattedesign
      This has me completely perplexed. I have created several Note Schedules for my project and when I go to Layout, they are scaling at different scales (THIRD PIC) AND as in the FIRST pic below, Notes show up in the CAD DETAIL Schedule at different scales. The Bath Elevation is set at 1/2" Scale and the Note Layer text style is set at a 1/2" Text Style..

Regarding the Layout Sheet (3rd Pic).. The bath notes are referenced on 1/2" Scale plans and Interior Elevations, The Plan notes are referenced onto 14" Scaled plans.

Questions to Start:
      1. How are schedules supposed to be assigned to a text style scale in the CAD DETAIL Space versus, The Note layer Text Style in the Plan or Elevation and Finally the imported Scale of the Schedule into Layout??

2. What happens if the same Notes are used across different scaled plans and Views? Such as a 1/4" Plan and a 1/2" Interior Wall elevation view?

Thank you kind folks for any light you can shed on this issue.

• By gravattedesign
      This is a recent issue in X13 premier. I have found a need to create a separate default set to handle layer settings for 3D Elevation view versus a plan view. I needed to show Electrical in the 3D view. When I created the separate default set, For the SAME schedule of Bath Notes, I got this result. The Default sets are used respectively for a plan view at 1/2" scale AND a 3D view at 1/2" scale with only a change in displaying electrical. Does anyone know about this anomaly and why the Notes are getting double numbers? Again, there is only ONE schedule referencing the placed custom Notes.

Thank you for the assistance.

• By Nate_M
      Hello,

I am working on an as built for a 1800's house. The door and window trim is 5 3/4" wide. My problem is that there a few instances where the door or window trim has been cut down to fit up against another wall. For example there's a window in one of the corners that is nearly up against the perpendicular wall. The trim on the left side of the window is 5 3/4" but the trim on the right side is around 3". 

Is there a way to place the window further into the corner and cut off the trim? Can I make the trim on only side of the window a smaller width? This is a pretty common occurrence in our work and I would like to have a method of solving this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.