setting to stop previous layout box changes when new view sent to layout

DianeP

I am setting up x10 and x11 in a new computer.  Can't remember the setting to change to stop the old layout box from changing when a new one is sent...IE is sent the floor plan view and then the foundation view.  Now I have 2 foundation views because the floorplan view changed to foundation view as well.  

Making a copy of your active layer set only makes sense if you know almost nothing about layer sets (or if you understand them completely and find it a convenient way to create a new one and always specify a more reasonable name).  It also has the side affect of disabling the linking of layout boxes to saved plan views.  

I suspect that your real problem is that you are sending a saved plan view to the layout without realizing that the layout box will be linked to the saved plan view.  Please check out my comments on this thread regarding saved plan views:

3 hours ago, parkwest said:

Are you sure it's not your Saved Plan View that you want?

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

Making a copy of your active layer set only makes sense if you know almost nothing about layer sets (or if you understand them completely and find it a convenient way to create a new one and always specify a more reasonable name).  It also has the side affect of disabling the linking of layout boxes to saved plan views.  

I suspect that your real problem is that you are sending a saved plan view to the layout without realizing that the layout box will be linked to the saved plan view.  Please check out my comments on this thread regarding saved plan views:

you guys are right.... I have just been accustom to using the active layer set.  I will give this way a try.