Needing building plans to submit to turn single family home into 2 units.

ChiefUserTuan

We have owned a single family home for over 20 years and now are in need to legalize it from a Single Family Home to 2 units. We need to submit plans with elevation info to legalize. The home is in Oakland, CA. If you are in my area please contact me. Thank you.

If you need to legalize it I assume then that the house is already turned into two separate units, correct?

There are some pitfalls to that that you need to take into consideration.

Such as, the city may want you to remove some walls to verify framing and drywall, etc.

Andy.

Down here in Oz, the units would have to be separated by appropriate soundproofing and fireproofing.

Depending on the configuration, this can be very difficult to achieve. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LeighSupplies
    Newest Member
    LeighSupplies

• By BlackDiamond
      I have over 8 years experience with Chief Architect (currently using X13) and have worked on various projects from simple starter homes to extravagant estates, multi-family projects, production homes, and resort communities. I currently live in Oklahoma but have worked remotely very successfully for many years. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss with you how I might be of assistance on your next project. Please email me at blackdiamonddesign4@gmail.com.

Valley concept.pdf
    • By Arch_Tech
      Hello all,

I am using CA X13.

I am designing a house that has a wing that is at 45 degrees relative to the other wing of the house.  I am working with a Home builder and he has shown me that when a house is at 45 degrees, typically the elevation views reflect that by only showing the outline of the structure that is set at 45 degrees, like this.

As you can see the garage portion is at 45 degrees relative to the elevation view.  I am pretty sure this set was produced with AutoCAD.  
      How can I make this happen in CA?

Thanks in advance!
    • By Renerabbitt
      I offer some of the fastest turnaround in the industry on LARGE complex projects. Need a model built? A rendering complete? Elevations? A fully hosted 3d model to walk through?
      Let me be your first stop to solving your urgent needs.

Created in Chief Architect X-13 in less than a day

Other Offer Services Posts:

• By jdfales
      Hi All
      My name is Jonathan Fales and I have been drawing plans and pulling permits all over the California Bay Area for over a decade now. A tremendous amount of my work is done through Via Builders Inc out of Los Altos, CA . Most everything you see on that website had me as the lead draftsman. I have answered comments and argued points with every municipality around. On the side I operate JDFales Plans & Permits where I currently have projects all over the state and even a few out of state jobs from time to time. Aside from traditional residential plans and permits I've traced PDFs, Made 3D models, added notations to already created plans.....you name it. I can do it. My background before drawing was construction of course. I've been a laborer, carpenter, project manager and now Draftsman. If you need to make sense out of construction jargon from a contractor or technical talk from the city/ county...I'm your translator. Email Me- Jdfales@gmail.com

-Jonathan Fales
      Chief Arch User Since X7
    • By ericepv
      Floor plans and renderings from a Rochester, NY based company available for remote work. I am a long time Chief user (X6 to X13) and have worked for many commercial and residential clients across North America. You can view samples of my work on my website, Houzz profile  or my YouTube channel.

Please contact me directly at 585-441-5291 EST or by email: eric@epvisualz.com.