ChiefUserTuan

Needing building plans to submit to turn single family home into 2 units.

We have owned a single family home for over 20 years and now are in need to legalize it from a Single Family Home to 2 units. We need to submit plans with elevation info to legalize. The home is in Oakland, CA. If you are in my area please contact me. Thank you.

Are you converting one to an Additional Dwelling Unit (ADU)? 

it can be up to 1200 sqft of the existing

If you need to legalize it I assume then that the house is already turned into two separate units, correct?

There are some pitfalls to that that you need to take into consideration.

Such as, the city may want you to remove some walls to verify framing and drywall, etc.

Andy.

Down here in Oz, the units would have to be separated by appropriate soundproofing and fireproofing.

Depending on the configuration, this can be very difficult to achieve. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    davidcouth
    Newest Member
    davidcouth

• By jensaulala
      I am a new Chief User looking for a few designers that are willing and available to do some design work and train me on Chief at the same time.  I work for a custom home builder in Southern Utah and we are backlogged in design right now and want someone that can show me the ropes with hands-on design training.  
    • By mddesign
      Hello all,

I am available to do Residential Design on contract, doesn't have to be in Canada.  I am currently using X11, willing to work by the hour or a set rate.  

If you are looking for someone to do contract work, one time or on a constant basis, please drop me a line and see if I can help you out.

Dan Middleton
      MD Design
      mddesign.dan@gmail.com
    • By DBCC-pinky
      This is a Design-build construction company seeking a Architectural Designer in the Champaign, Illinois area that works with Chief Architect. Candidates must be able to create 3D models, renderings and client presentations. 

We currently use the chief architect software primarily and our current designer is leaving us. We would like to get someone in from the chief architect community.

If there are any references and direction of how to reach someone with Chief architect training. Please let us know.
    • By Designer100
      i have been trying to work this rear roof out and cannot seem to close it up.

I would appreciate anyone assisting me. this is all i like finishing up this project.

Thanks,

1411 Plan .zip
    • By twebbest
      looking for a chief architect draftsman in the rhode island, southern mass area.