Naming "Ground Floor" ???

ACADuser

The plan is near complete but plan review wants 1st floor called "Ground Floor" & 2nd Floor called "1st Floor".

This is due to some FEMA restrictions and the way they do things.

So is there a way to rename the floor so I don't have to go through every layout renaming all automatic labels?

Didn't we get a new Find And Replace Text Tool in X11? which if I read correctly can now see macros with %.....% on each end too....

Not sure it will work on a Project as large as some of your's we've seen lately....

This is the answer I got from Chief & may be the way I have to solve my issue.

The automatic label for the layout box will be the Plan View name. Have the active plan view be "Ground Floor" and when you send that view to layout, the label for that view will be Ground Floor. Have the view for the other floor be named "1st Floor" and when the Plan View is sent to layout the label for that view will be 1st Floor. Name the Plan View the name you want your label. I have attached some screen shots that show the label matching the Plan View name.

I don't use plan view yet but this may be the only way.

When I create a window schedule for example and I need it to reference the floor number I want G,1,2,3 and not 1,2,3,4.

We don't have a way to rename the floor numbers, but you can add this information to the Window Schedule. Create a Custom Field for the Floor Reference and for each window, set the value you want to appear (G,1,2,3) then add this custom field to the schedule. You can remove the Floor column from the schedule and add your new custom field in it's place. I have attached some screen shots that show how this works.

Thanks Chief for the prompt reply.

40 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

This is the answer I got from Chief & may be the way I have to solve my issue.

The automatic label for the layout box will be the Plan View name. Have the active plan view be "Ground Floor" and when you send that view to layout, the label for that view will be Ground Floor. Have the view for the other floor be named "1st Floor" and when the Plan View is sent to layout the label for that view will be 1st Floor. Name the Plan View the name you want your label. I have attached some screen shots that show the label matching the Plan View name.

I don't use plan view yet but this may be the only way.

When I create a window schedule for example and I need it to reference the floor number I want G,1,2,3 and not 1,2,3,4.

We don't have a way to rename the floor numbers, but you can add this information to the Window Schedule. Create a Custom Field for the Floor Reference and for each window, set the value you want to appear (G,1,2,3) then add this custom field to the schedule. You can remove the Floor column from the schedule and add your new custom field in it's place. I have attached some screen shots that show how this works.

Thanks Chief for the prompt reply.

Thanks for Reporting back Allan , unfortunately it appears you have some work to do, to keep the Plan Checker Happy. ( and Client?)

Yea, this is a beachfront community on a barrier island & the building department is very small so a few people wheel a lot of power. :)

My next project is to develop a material list for another builder (40+ plans).

Have to do one as a test run to see if Chief & I are up to the task. Never did a real material list from Chief so looking for help on this one.

They want furring strips on block walls and backing for cabinet mounting and Simpson strapping on exterior walls. 

Sorry for the rambling.