Attic and Floor Ventilation

builtright3

22 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, because there's no way to get the data from the Schedule.  The only way to accumulate areas is to utilize the Room Labels or the Label of Polylines.  It can be done with a macro but it's not easy to do because it's a running total and has to be reset periodically so the same areas are not added repeatedly.

That means setting a timer to limit when the label macros update the data is critical.

In X11 we can use a number of other objects/schedules in addition to room label and polylines.   Also, just a sidenote but I’ve personally found a method that works better for me than using a timer or manually resetting our hashes and arrays...

I simply use the schedule number to both assign the position of the value in the array and delete any value that may already exist at that position. 

8 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I simply use the schedule number to both assign the position of the value in the array and delete any value that may already exist at that position. 

Hi Michael,

Yes, I have also adopted that methodology - for certain cases. 

However there are limitations when more than one object is in that position in the schedule (multiple copies of a Note for example) and you need to accumulate values.  In that case, you may need to store several sets of data by using a multi-dimensional array.  It can get complicated.

That's why I made the suggestion of being able to access the displayed Schedule Content from within a User Macro.  That would make it much easier.

• Upvote 1