Mirrored Roof Trusses ?

Chopsaw

Are you just teasing us , or don't I understand what the issue is? , do you mean the fact that even if the Truss is identical if it faces the other Direction Chief produces a detail for both still? , I don't deal with trusses alot and here the Truss Co. here has to do the design , so I hadn't noticed to be honest.

image.thumb.png.7b8ae3ad2c571f8ec5087d844c941e3a.png

58 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Are you just teasing us

No I would never do that intentionally.  Well I might have done it once before but not this time.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

do you mean the fact that even if the Truss is identical if it faces the other Direction Chief produces a detail for both still?

Yes I am not sure I have seen this other than with a Dutch Gable Roof without going back and checking old plan files.  Have you ?

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't deal with trusses a lot and here the Truss Co. here has to do the design

Yes they do that here as well and it is required for permitting, However they frequently make mistakes and are now requiring signatures and take no responsibility for the layout.

Have you ever had an engineered layout back with duplicate trusses detailed out on separate pages ?

I have been using chief truss details to confirm the envelope dimensions as even if I am not the one who signs I am usually consulted and trusses are expensive and not good for much other than kindling if they are wrong.

Thanks for taking a look at the file. :D

When i 1st opened the plan I only saw 4 trusses , so it surprised me a bit , so wasn't sure I I was missing alot more than I thought....looks like I got it though , but I have played around with it enough as I've only done 1 Dutch Gable in the last year.

I am somewhat surprised that the Truss. Man. can design the Roof Trusses , which means their layout too and then won't sign off on the fact it works... how do the Sign the Required Engineer's Letter in that case?

Duplicate pages from the Supplier ...no , have not seen that ...sames issues with all suppliers in your area ...or time to try another perhaps?

M.

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

When i 1st opened the plan I only saw 4 trusses , so it surprised me a bit , so wasn't sure I I was missing a lot more than I thought....looks like I got it though , but I have played around with it enough as I've only done 1 Dutch Gable in the last year.

Yes you got it.  I did not want to put any extra distractions in the plan file.

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I am somewhat surprised that the Truss. Man. can design the Roof Trusses , which means their layout too and then won't sign off on the fact it works... how do the Sign the Required Engineer's Letter in that case?

Yes I don't really get it either but I think it covers them when they just whip something off in less than and hour and don't want to take responsibility if they missed something.

I think the engineer is really just signing off that it will not fall down if properly assembled and supported.  Not analyzing the layout to see if it is accurate, if he is good he may notice a glaring error but really I think they just look at the spans and the snow lading and the center to center measurements and sign off.

13 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

sames issues with all suppliers in your area ...or time to try another perhaps?

Yes so far but still feeling things out to find a solution.