Roof glitch: extends far beyond house

RudyMila

5 hours ago, RudyMila said:

Hello all,

I have tried everything I can think of, however, ever time I install a roof with very little slope, the roof glitches out and extends far beyond the house. Any suggestions?

Best,

Maxwell

Roof issue.plan

You need to set ALL the wall Roof Directives not just one to 1/4" for a Hip Roof , if it is a Shed Roof (Mono Slope) you want you need to set the right and left wall to Highshed/Gable and the Top wall to Full gable an the Wall's Roof Tab.

image.thumb.png.9b247dafd2c6c84d2fc89f116efcedce.png

image.thumb.png.26bcfdae768299324c6ac938c0b57d65.png

In the Build Roof Tab is a Tab called Roof Styles that shows you how to build all the Common Roof Types or check the KB Tutorials too :

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00359/automatically-building-the-basic-roof-styles.html

Have fun !

M.

Hello Mick!

Thank you for the response! I have still had no luck with the hip roof, despite setting all pitch settings to 1/4". If, however, I set all roof pithes (under the build roof category) to 1/4" the issue does not arise. My biggest issue is that I want to make different roofs with different pitches, and for some odd reason it is not letting me do that. Any other thoughts with this?

8 minutes ago, RudyMila said:

Hello Mick!

Thank you for the response! I have still had no luck with the hip roof, despite setting all pitch settings to 1/4". If, however, I set all roof pithes (under the build roof category) to 1/4" the issue does not arise. My biggest issue is that I want to make different roofs with different pitches, and for some odd reason it is not letting me do that. Any other thoughts with this?

You want to put 4 different pitches? that will be one messed up roof...., I thought you were trying to make a Shed roof so you'll have to explain better or provide a sketch of what you are are trying to do , but honestly I don't remember what Suite can do as far as Roofs go , so you maybe better off posting on Hometalk instead as Eric Suggested as they will know how to get what you want done in your version.