Gambrel Roof

Hatrak

Am I missing something? Can't seem to find anything on building a gambrel roof except in an old X1 manual and that doesn't work at all. I can build it manually by splitting each roof section and changing all the specifications and manually connecting them. Takes a lot of time but would seem there must be a better way. I am working on a house that has a four sided gambrel roof structure.

Thoughts, anyone?

I did consider updating in December when there was a special for $17xx. But missed it. Not too sure the expense for me is worth it being that I am retired and only do a limited number of design projects a year and so far X5 is seemingly adequate. I am sure there will be another special pricing again at the end of the year and will maybe consider it again then. Actually this is the first time I need to do an addition remodel with a gambrel roof.

On a previous post a while back, after someone recommended I just call CA about an update, they wound up shooting me what felt like a very fair price from X6 to X10.  I don't precisely recall what it was, but it felt like a mistake on their end.  This is basically a hobby program for me as well, but I do want to try to stay current and entry-level proficient.

If I were to have upgraded every year it would have cost me as much as if were to upgrade at this point, about $2400. I suspect that in December Chief will have a special again and may consider. But on the other hand, by then I will have probably liquidated all my assets and will be on my 50' boat in the Caribbean relaxing in the sun.