changing floor/ceiling heights

EconBlueprints

I need to change the floors and ceilings on a two story building
     from 9-1/4" 2x10  floor joists with 3/4" sub-floor
     to 11-7/8" LVL floor joists with 3/4" sub-floor.
This needs to be done on both the first and second floors
    Also, the ceiling heights need to go from 97 1/8" to 109 1/8" (rough framing) on both floors.

First, I changed the framing in the build framing dialog box.  That seems to have done what I want, I now have 11-7/8" I Joists for both floors.

I can do the floor/ceiling height change by clicking on each room on each floor and making the change in the structure dialog box.

Is there a quick method to select all the rooms on each floor and then do a single ceiling height/floor height that would apply to all rooms on that floor?

There are a few ways but the easiest (and best practice) way is by modifying the floor defaults.  There's an icon or you can access Floor Defaults through the main Defaults dropdown.  Sorry, I don't have Chief on this device or I'd include a screen shot.  Modify the floor system here too.

After you modify the floor defaults, go back to your plan and be sure each room is set to 'Use Defaults'.  Select One room, tick the boxes, then use select same to view/apply to all the other rooms.

• Upvote 1