Convert CA file to 2d Autocad dwg

davaco

Am considering upgrade from HD pro 2015 to CA Premier partly because of the Export to dwg function.  I do floorplans and elevations which I send to my draftsman who does the construction documents in 2d dwg. Currently when I send a dxf of a floorplan, the walls and other 3d objects display as multiple layers and hatches.  Does the export to dwg convert to 2d or is there a method to accomplish this so that he does not have to trace and redraw the entire plan?   Any input on this will be greatly appreciated.

I'd love to help you get this figured out, but it's a more complex issue than I care to attempt covering in a quick forum post.  Not too complicated to carry out, just a little involved to explain...especially considering there are a lot of forks in the road and differing needs from one user to the next. 

Please free free to contact me about setting up a private one-on-one session so I can walk through the various details with you, but the short of the matter is that your resulting DWG file depends entirely on the settings you export with.  With a little guidance and some input from your draftsman, I'd say you should be able to export exactly what he needs in order to avoid completely redrawing.  It just requires exporting with the correct layer set, layer settings, and export settings.  There is no "right" way to do it either.  The required settings can totally vary from one user/situation to the next.