ChiefuserMathews

Auto Interior Dimension

Because you are missing a room definition?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nrafiq
    Newest Member
    nrafiq

• By mattradk
      I am using CAX6 and am trying to get the exterior dimensions of a residential structure to reach to the extent just under the siding. From inside to outside, the exterior wall should have 1/2" wallboard, 2x6 stud walls, 1/2" OSB, 2" rigid insulation, and then siding for which I've allowed 1/2". All of the wall components will sit on the platform except for the siding, which should cover the rim joists.

I believe I have the correct dialog box and selections to do it (or maybe not …. see attached screen shot). However, after I make the selections in the Wall Type Definitions dialog box and back out of the dialog boxes leading there, I find that the cross section is incorrect, and the outside of the siding is flush with the platform. If I return to the Wall Type Definitions dialog box to find out why, I find that my selections have not been saved.

I'm careful to make sure that I back out of each dialog box correctly (Clicking OK, OK, Done, etc.) but the changes I make are not saved.

There's probably something I need to select or conditions I have to meet, but darned if I can figure them out after hours of messing with it.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

• By MichaelaS
      I have a railing that is currently being dimensioned to from the outside of the panel. I would like to transition that dimension to either the center of the post or the outside of the post. However, I am unable to manipulate the extension line itself to snap to the corner of the post. 
    • By PrimeArch
      Hello guys

I have a problem with area calculation area. 

The room actual size is 3m x 3m ( 9 m2 )
      The wall must be center line. The problem is CA calculate outer side of the room. ( 9.92 m2 )
      How do i get a calculation by center line. ( 9 m2 )

• By islandog
      When having multiple walls joining each other is the a way to align the distance off one room corner to another by dimension instead of dragging which is more difficult and time consuming and not as presise . I tried to alter offset of each room by clicking a wall and changing the dimension and it resizes the room
      Thx
    • By Lorenchief
      I'm trying to figure out why I can sometimes click on a dimension on screen and type in the new dimension and other times not find where to click. Am I missing something? I can't find any clear answer in the user guides. Trying to pull a line can be really tedious while simply typing in a number is a sure thing.