Awkward wall, apartment remodel, wall problems

limitless8

If you have a look at the top of the floor plan (russian home plans in their standard form are horrible, and in accurate).  So the top part of the picture, we see the slanted wall with two windows connecting to one of the first three rooms.  You can see that the thickness displayed and connection is quite awkward, and when I try to do this in chief, it just screws up completely....A client asked me to do a preliminary plan even with some measurements missing, because this will help them decide whether or not to buy the real estate....seeing as the kitchen is located in that awkward room, i'm having a hard time with cabinet placements....so if anybody has a tip for the futuere how to deal with these types of walls, i'd be very appreciative...

Once it comes down to it we will go and take all the measurements, but this is just a prelim moment.

Screenshot_20181208-195158.jpg

Are you talking about the Windows in Room 8 and 10 and the 45° wall between them?             ( btw is room 9 missing? )

Chief really doesn't like extra thick walls,with deep recesses it seems, eg many European thick stone walled Buildings, you will find other posts on the Forum about that issue, as there are several Users from France who have run into issues too especially when the area where the windows and doors are is thinner, Chiefer doesn't cover the ends of the thicker part properly is that your issue too?

Some images of the Issue may help someone suggest a few workarounds  ....nice images in the Goodies thread BTW :)

M.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Are you talking about the Windows in Room 8 and 10 and the 45° wall between them?             ( btw is room 9 missing? )

Chief really doesn't like extra thick walls,with deep recesses it seems, eg many European thick stone walled Buildings, you will find other posts on the Forum about that issue, as there are several Users from France who have run into issues too especially when the area where the windows and doors are is thinner, Chiefer doesn't cover the ends of the thicker part properly is that your issue too?

Some images of the Issue may help someone suggest a few workarounds  ....nice images in the Goodies thread BTW :)

M.

Room 9 is missing yes :)  As said, in Russia these standard floor plans are horrible, they are never accurate, and even if you have all wall dimensions, when you re-create it in chief, the overall sqm comes out different....best bet is always going and doing the measurements yourself...so yeah...it's horrible here with this stuff, and my client loves the location but the flat inside is horrible....so he wants to understand what he could get in the end, also seeing as the bathroom is where the kitchen is whie the bathtub area on the other side....makes it harder to work with adding baths and so on...anyways...yeah I managed to more or less fix the problem by playing with the walls and getting it as close as possible....we'll see, if the clients buy it and I get to properly work it, I'll post some of the fun stuff of how bad this place looked before.

as for the goodies, thank you :) PBR has been a game changer personally to me and getting more life like results, clients love it.

7 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

as for the goodies, thank you :) PBR has been a game changer personally to me and getting more life like results, clients love it.

Yes it has been a good change and I am hoping that in X11 it is much improved, especially in the area of reflections and in particular Glass. I can tell from the weekly library Catalog updates Chief is work feverishly to update all the catalogs for PBR.

David (User Seafield) posted about a week ago about some of the Other renders he has tried you might be interested ?  Indigo Render RT looked interesting but I have not researched it more yet....it would be a great addon for CA I think...but Chief doesn't work with outside Developers AFAIK.

https://www.indigorenderer.com/indigo-rt-4

which catalogs have been updated? I guess I didn't notice just yet :) yeah glass and reflections would be a blessing, especially glass, because sometimes you need that beautiful reflection on glass on exterior shots, and inside on dinnerware like wine glasses it would work miracles, shower doors etc, and not to forget water!!!

6 minutes ago, limitless8 said:

which catalogs have been updated? I guess I didn't notice just yet :) yeah glass and reflections would be a blessing, especially glass, because sometimes you need that beautiful reflection on glass on exterior shots, and inside on dinnerware like wine glasses it would work miracles, shower doors etc, and not to forget water!!!

About once a week it is a good habit to use the Update Catalog Link in the Library Menu.... it checks all installed Catalogs to see if you have the latest and when it is done, it tells you which Libraries it has updated, if it found anything.

this week the Medical library , and several Plant Catalogs got updates

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, glennw said:

Instead of making that corner from solid walls, you could try making it a hollow wall junction made from thinner walls.

Post the plan for more detailed help. 

Thank you, I  managed to do it with thick walls, came out pretty accurate so far, working on the overall spacement of rooms and stuff, trying ot finish so the client can make their ddecision