Avinash_Chand

Stress Lines in Stucco Facade

Hello, 

I am new to chief. I was wondering how I can create joints on my stucco facade to simulate stress or relief lines like in the image below? I am trying to achieve a modern look for my house.

stucco-siding-panels-28-best-siding-for-the-outside-of-the-studio-images-on-pinterest.jpg

Did this quick with wall material region that was then copied- open region to see how it's set and open material "Opening no Material, copy"

Reveals in stucco.plan

Reveals.jpg

I use Wall Material Regions (cut surface layer) to create those joints.  It works best in Elevation Views 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Fishios
    Newest Member
    Fishios

• By ChiefArchitect
      Warm, sturdy, fire resistant materials common to a Tuscan home made this style an obvious choice for the Paradise Rises project. Stucco on the main house is accentuated with natural stone on the wrap-around porch and fireplace. Tile roofing is a bow on top.
    • By SNestor
      What's the best method for created exterior stucco walls that look like the attached.  The windows on the first floor are recessed back with arches over.  The second floor walls line up with the "thick" walls on the first floor.  

Do I need to use two distinct walls...butt one to the other.  Or could I use a single wall and do something with the window.  I've done some experimenting...but, haven't come up with a solution that works.  I would think the Chief users in Cali would have wall details like this all the time?  

Also...what's the best method to create the "lintel" shown on the elevation.  A moulding polyline maybe?  

Thanks...

• By DMDesigns
      Here is a few shots of (2) homes I did in Huntington Beach, CA. They call them, long and skinny's down here. Raytraces turned out pretty good, but the BMW, wow that turned out better then a real one.

Let me know if I can help you, make your plans come alive.

Dave

http://www.davidmichaeldesigns.com
    • By brinkbart
      I have taken some textures (mostly just the ones that I thought I would use on a regular basis), and converted them to CA materials complete with bump maps, colors and patterns. I spent a lot of time on it, actually, making sure the bump maps were the right intensity, the materials looked correct in Ray Trace view, etc. Wish I could have done more, but there really are just too many! I figured this is a good place to start.

This is the link to the .CALIB file: http://www.mediafire.com/?1jgmxzod9t8e2yv

Bricks
      • There are a combination of brick colors and textures from the Sketchup Textures website, as well as some of the more popular Acme bricks I created a while back.
      • Each brick material has a corresponding course for sills/lintels.

Stucco
      • There are a few stucco textures both plain and with faux finishes; they "paint" nicely for endless color options.
      • The stucco materials have a slight dotted pattern in vector/elevation view.
      • Each stucco material also has a version without a pattern for curved moldings and arches.

Roofing
      • I haven't come across many perfect roofing textures in my career, but the ones I've included are pretty true to life.
      • The roofing materials have a slight bump map applied to it, but you won't see much of a difference in Ray Trace views.
      • Each roofing material has a corresponding ridge cap material (it's the same texture, just a little squished and with a strip pattern for elevation views).

Tiles
      • Great for floors, walls and back splashes, but they are not divided as such.
      • I matched the color/pattern of the tiles as best as I could for better elevation views.
      • Almost all of the tile materials have bump maps, some are shiny and some are matte.

Carpet
      • CA already comes with great carpet options, so these are limited mostly to patterns/textures. My favorite is the "Geometric Tan"

Flooring
      • Again, not much here because I haven't come across many super great ones. I really only use one repeatedly ("Brown Slim Plank").

See attached preview for examples of the exterior materials in Ray Trace view.