Deck Railing

ChiefuserMathews

15 minutes ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

In the same plan if you go into the basement. there are concrete brick columns supporting the floor above. As soon as I add interior wall attached to the concrete columns the column size get changed. any idea why it is doing that?

Thank you

Check the Wall as a Furred Wall in the Structure Tab perhaps ...sounds like it is trying to keep the column the original Size?

Your Columns are actually short walls , so Chief is merging them, and so you lose the columns, if you reverse the walls or the Columns(walls) , CA will see each wall as a different type and keep both. (** if you don't drag the drywall wall through the column**) ...Chief will not allow two walls to occupy the same space usually but the "No room definition checkbox" set on the Columns, will allow it to join, so drywall hides the columns on one side.

M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

on one side of my deck the railing is sitting on the ground where are as other 2 sides are above the deck and on the same side on the top end wooden planks comes up between the post. Attached is the image to clarify my issue. Any help, or what i did wrong?

thank youimage.thumb.png.67ad1a48dde7c7c082f3d7faa15f0648.png

The "Room" created by the lower concrete Patio is causing it , It is trying to attach to the Upper Deck Room but it is at ground level and the Upper Deck 4ft off the ground, pull the outer long wall back and the Railing on the Upper deck fixes itself.

**still looking

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Kaminski31
    Newest Member
    Kaminski31

• By j2narchitecture
      I am using the railing to auto generate columns and beam for an exterior porch.
      For some reason, the railing is generating 4 -1/2 columns, where only 3 are needed. 
      The spacing is set to 8' o.c. for the columns. 
      How can I correct this so that only 3 columns are being generated?
      Any feedback is appreciated.
      See attached plan file and circled area on the pics.
      TIA

PLAN FILE

• By DeLayDesign
      My client has a very specific look in mind, "H" shaped columns.  I've managed to create them as a 3D item and import them as a column; however, when placed they all seem to act as I want them to, except one.  What's the solution to this without having to place them all manually?

TIA.
      Adam

• By Sunnyfields
      I am attempting to show a bridge structure from a stair to a loft and CA is showing a dropped area underneath the railing:

You will note that the railing perpendicular to this does not have this problem. I have rechecked my defaults, added a room under the bridge with the same settings as the room without the issue, and asked our CA guru...we are at a loss. This seems to be an issue with the wall created underneath the railing, but the settings for this railing are exactly the same as the perpendicular one Here's the troublesome railing:

Here's the one which is working properly:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you!

• By DeckQuestions
      Is there a way to make the top rail of my deck railing rounded? 
    • By ChiefArchitect
      Option 6 is large enough to provide extra family space in the form of a loft on the 2nd floor. For this house style, we put a balcony over the porch and front door, making this sunny room even more welcoming.