DAE to Lumion

wwoody

Okay this may be an out of the realm of user help. When I export a .dae over to Lumion my texture files aren't taking the normal map file over. It thought it might combine it with the texture file but it's not. In Chief I'm getting the look I want but I when I get to Lumion I'm loosing the pattern. I've tried different file type exports with no luck. I can create a texture pattern without the normal map but I loose the depth/shadows on the surface. I have successfully created a normal map and I'm getting the look I want. I'm loosing my texture. Is it because it's a dae...do I need to export a different file type?

If I understand your question correctly- I haven't actually tried it myself, but I think you can just add the normal map back in to the texture once you're in Lumion.  I don't know of any export file type that Chief does that would retain the normal maps when exported.

27 minutes ago, BryceEngstrom said:

If I understand your question correctly- I haven't actually tried it myself, but I think you can just add the normal map back in to the texture once you're in Lumion.  I don't know of any export file type that Chief does that would retain the normal maps when exported.

Dont have Lumion open right now, but I believe you can create a normal map  for the Chief texture in  Lumion or choose a texture from Lum lib

I don't like having to add the normal map twice but I guess it's what I got to do. I'm making progress, I think i'll have to tweak the settings. The first image is a raw upload the second is me playing with settings.junk-2.thumb.jpg.4bbb2322ead2eab3e81057e24d093002.jpg

junk-4.jpg

• 8 months later...

I'm thinking about trying Lumion to enhance my renderings. A few months have passed since your post. I'd love to find out

how it is going. You can reach out to me directly at plandoctor99@gmail.com. Thanks. 

Also, here is a link to a video that my daughter received from the architect that designed her home. It was done for a new project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp4T3j-eP-Q