Possible to add a framing type (LSL specifically)

rheavner

Hi!  First time posting here!   

Under General Options when editing a framing member, is it possible to add a new framing "type" to the list in Framing Specifications (see attached screen shot of the dialog)?   Specifically, I'd like to add LSL to the list.  I see the material texture has been added, but I can't for the life of me find a way to add the type!

Regards

Ryan.

image.thumb.png.53587910d9eb7296d313d2d6c5de519a.png

You can Leave the General Tab as Eng. Lumber and then on the Materials Tab change it to LSL

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

Capture.thumb.JPG.10a16b2289c7c22d6f98f9105952b375.JPG

11 hours ago, rheavner said:

Oops, yes sig updated,  thx for the super fast responses!

>You can Leave the General Tab as Eng. Lumber and then on the Materials Tab change it to LSL

Ok, that works - just some how vaguely dissatisfying:)

Not sure why they do it that way, I just remembered I had seen LSL somewhere but you can request a change in the Suggestion Forum though.

Maybe it changes how things report to the Materials List (ML) I am not sure ? changing the Material may only change it's "appearance" in renders, you can change the size of the texture file ( 25x25" standard) to make it look more like the real thing or even use a photo of the real thing and resize it, it what I did for the Microllam LVL Beams we use.

M.