Cursor not functioning properly

BillsburgChief

Has anyone experienced their cursor not functioning properly?  Things like jumping around, not allowing crossing windows and/or not able to select anything, brings up dbx on 1 click.  I'm wondering if I have a corrupt file, I have tried opening other files but the same things are happening.  I'm posting my plan if anyone would like to see if the same things are happening for them.  Any help would be appreciated!

18-012_Jeffery_Minor_II.plan

I had a mouse cursor issue with my brand new laptop last week.   GeForce GTX 1060  Graphics card.  Different than what you have going on, but thought this might possibly be helpful. 

When I would switch view to a 3D and then go back to 2D the cursor would be present over the menu but would disappear when pulled down to the plan part of the window.  Close and restart Chief and back to normal, but would occur ever single time when switching views again.  There were also several times that objects  - specifically a custom countertop and corbels from the library - would not show on a 3D view, but that was random and not repeatable every single time.  Sometimes I could not get the cursor to select things either, again, random.  

Before calling support I updated the driver to a newer version and the problem is now gone. 

For whatever that was worth.....

Ike

Billsburg, I had the same issues about a month ago. About a 2 year old laptop with wireless mouse. It kept dropping commands or I'd have to click several times for it to except commands or I'd be dragging something across the screen and it would release before I let go of the button. And it only happened in Chief. I plugged a wired mouse in and all is fine. I haven't had a chance to take apart the old mouse to see what's up with it.

Dan

1 hour ago, dcr_brocks said:

Billsburg, I had the same issues about a month ago. About a 2 year old laptop with wireless mouse. It kept dropping commands or I'd have to click several times for it to except commands or I'd be dragging something across the screen and it would release before I let go of the button. And it only happened in Chief. I plugged a wired mouse in and all is fine. I haven't had a chance to take apart the old mouse to see what's up with it.

Batteries are the first thing I would check before taking it apart.