Cross section slider

Tdgdesign

If the model is not built right then  your cross sections will  not be good and will be a mess. work on your model to get it as close to perfect as you can. For me I sometimes will have a problem with the foundation slabs but I can then use the auto detail tool to get that looking good. Good luck

I use a backclipped cross section set to 24" depth.  This guarantees to pick up a single framing member, and I only get 1 truss instead of a mess of multiple trusses with different webbing patterns.  Some tweaking is sometimes required to position the cut plane in an ideal spot.  I would argue also that most cut planes in a complex model you create aren't in the most ideal position to create a clear and easy to read section, and some compromise of automation, model accuracy and cad overlays is needed.  If I spent time making my models accurate enough that any section I cut was perfect, I'd be wasting a lot of time for nothing.  Good practices will get you close, and some extra work with cad overlays will get you to home plate.

• Upvote 1

Thanks fellas. Jut dont get why we cant have the cross section slider feature perform as is and output to scale? Its output is really clean and informative. Why the cross section feature is so chaotic boggles my mind.