floor plan not visable

ditzdaddy

I was working on a house plan that just disappeared from screen. I can see the plan in any 3d option. So I know the plan is there. I cannot see any floors on my screen, so I cannot make changes. Has anyone had this issue and how did you recover the floor plans.

This phenomenon is commonly caused by accidentally creating a CAD line or other object way off screen, so when you accidentally or on purpose fill the screen, the software is programmed to include all objects when you hit "F6" or tap the "Fill Screen" icon. The software then "Fills the screen" to include all objects, intended or otherwise. This should also effect full overview cameras as well. If you can see it in a camera view it is still there, just off your screen in plan views.

Find the unintended object, delete it and then all should be well. The only other cause I can think of is if you selected the "All Off" set while in plan view (you can do this by accidentally hitting your mouse scroll wheel). Just make sure while in plan view which layer set you have selected.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen to me yesterday.  I have tried all the suggestions posted above.  The plan disappeared after placing a couple fans from the library.  I have zoomed in and out- nothing.  I have checked to make sure I am not on the All Off Set and have even tried different layers.  The plan will show up in the Orthographic Overview, so it is still there somewhere!  In Orthographic Overview, I have zoomed way out to see if I can find a stray CAD line, but don't see anything.  How would I find a stray CAD line?  I usually work with gridlines on and those are also not showing in Plan View.