Auto Exterior Dimensions Australian Stds

MikeWellspringPS

I am trying to get the auto-dimensions to work in accordance with Australia standards, especially for floor plans i.e working from outside in on all four sides; overall dimension, wall direction changes, openings, internal room and wall dimensions. So far, my attempts have failed to get anywhere near that format. The alternative is to manually enter dimensions, which seems a shame. Is there anyone with any solutions that will help me get remotely close?

Something like the Pic below ?  I may have missed something?  I haven't tried playing with the Line Auto Sort ie how they draw away from the house.....

It's a matter of setting the Auto Exterior Dimension Defaults how you want them and additionally setting the Auto 1st line and line separation values in the particular annotation used Defaults too , I find for Exterior Dims the defaults are way too crowded and close to the house.

M

Capture2.thumb.JPG.c1af3f8398e8ec8a70a09767921a3c0b.JPG

Capture3.thumb.JPG.64437e0ad53e55ec77800b247e090e1b.JPGCapture4.thumb.JPG.dd1e6778234cc6782997122c2134d504.JPGCapture5.thumb.JPG.a7b38be7d17280e8f6e2a16fc1126de1.JPG

From the help file:

"There are a maximum of three rows of automatically generated dimensions per exterior wall direction. The innermost dimension line locates exterior walls, interior walls, and all openings in exterior walls. The second dimension line locates exterior and interior walls. The outermost dimension line is the overall exterior dimension."

Chances are that you won't be able to get exactly what you want.

My advice is to make the best of what Chief provides and don't fight it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

From the help file:

"There are a maximum of three rows of automatically generated dimensions per exterior wall direction. The innermost dimension line locates exterior walls, interior walls, and all openings in exterior walls. The second dimension line locates exterior and interior walls. The outermost dimension line is the overall exterior dimension."

Chances are that you won't be able to get exactly what you want.

My advice is to make the best of what Chief provides and don't fight it.

OP has not done their Sig. so I am not sure what version they are using but what I have done it the Past when needed was to setup on the Exterior Dims Defaults with auto refresh unchecked and applied a set of Auto Dims.  Then go back in and Change the Defaults to get the missing Info / remove the Overall dim etc and then applied a 2nd Set of Auto Ext. Dims. but I am not sure that works in X10 any longer , I think it now Auto refreshes even if you tell it not too instead , it did work in earlier versions

M.

edit:

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to
Toggle it on in UserName>Account >Signatures...... go to the Upper RH Corner of Forum Window.