Chief Poorly Optimized - or me?

johnny

I purchased on of the highest resolution monitors i've owned - a new LG that is 4k on a 32" size - 3840x2160.  All my other apps look great, and its been fantastic.

...except for Chief.

The UI is blurry and overall very poor performance - almost a "under-water" experience.  It massively helped upping the resolution by 125%, but the UI is still oddly blurry compared to the sharp, rich, experience I get with every other app i've tried.  At my office I used dual Dell 30" monitors that are called "4k" but they don't run at 3840x2160 which makes me wonder how that works.  Everything at my office looks and performs fine.

So does this mean Chief just isn't optimized for high end displays?...or am I doing something wrong?  Again, every other app i've tried works just fine so its a bit odd to me Chief would be the only app I have an issue with. 

Can someone comment if they are using a real 4k display at 3840x2160 and let me know if everything is looking fine at 125%?

Thanks!

I use a 32" dell 4k same resolution as yours, and am blown away how clear and well defined everything is.  That said my other apps like quicken, and adobe for example fit what your are describing about chief.  I just updated quicken, so I haven't taken the time to dig into what is going on.  It is annoying - I feel your pain.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly_K said:

I use a 32" dell 4k same resolution as yours, and am blown away how clear and well defined everything is.  That said my other apps like quicken, and adobe for example fit what your are describing about chief.  I just updated quicken, so I haven't taken the time to dig into what is going on.  It is annoying - I feel your pain.

Good to know - thank you.  Are you using the GTX970 with that monitor?

I'll keep looking for a solution then for my situation.

there is also the High DPI Icon Option in Preferences>Appearance>Toolbars

though I thought it was on by default....

Some Older Versions of Apps eg Adobe PS are not scaling aware so can be very small a 4K. Current Versions don't have this issue AFAIAA.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

there is also the High DPI Icon Option in Preferences>Appearance>Toolbars

though I thought it was on by default....

Thanks - yeah i think that was on in Chief but i didn't have the correct setting in Win 10 to make use of that feature.  I have to two snyc'd up now and its perfect clarity.