Deck ceiling showing on 2nd flr. overhang

Larry_Sweeney

1. I have an area of the deck edge where the deck planks do not go to the outside of the framing (DECK 1 attachment). If I move the distance of the deck closer or farther away from the wall the deck is attached to the gap will change, but it will not be correct. I've never seen this occur before. Once again, any suggestions? Just to let it be known, this is a plan moved up from X9.

2. I also have part of a deck that is under a 2nd. floor overhang (DECK 2 attachment). The underside of the overhang is showing a deck ceiling even though in the deck dbx. I have ceiling and roof unchecked. I've tried everything I can think of to try and get rid of this ceiling. I know it is a deck ceiling because when I change the material for the deck ceiling the ceiling I'm referring to changes.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated for either problem. Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Deck 1.JPG

Deck 2.JPG

Remodel 8A.zip

Larry, it seems you deck planks are fighting for space. The plank fills in if you give it room per the first 2 picts (where the planks are told to align with the larger deck area) or if you create a separate deck the second 2 picts (where the planks are not told to align).

Regards,

Charles

__CA temp 1.JPG

__CA temp 2.JPG

__CA temp 3.JPG

__CA temp 4.JPG

• Like 1

Larry,

I got the ceiling to behave better by changing the ceiling material to your fir planking (rotated) and making it 1/16" thick per the picts below. Just angle your 3D camera carefully and you're good to go. ;)

Regards,

Charles

__CA temp 4.JPG

__CA temp 1.JPG

45 minutes ago, CharlesVolz said:

Larry,

I got the ceiling to behave better by changing the ceiling material to your fir planking (rotated) and making it 1/16" thick per the picts below. Just angle your 3D camera carefully and you're good to go. ;)

Charles...........................Yes, I got those same results earlier. This "work around" is fair and might be my best option, but like Eric, I think this is a bug and I'll report it. Thanks for your input. Also thanks for your input on the "deck plank" problem. I was also able to get similar results by changing the plank and gaps size. I also think this is a bug and I'll have to report it. Have a great day