Doug_N

Porch Problems

2018-06-08_8-03-18.thumb.gif.61dcc1bea293ae670bae863e773bb584.gif

I have a strange situation with a porch that I am adding to the front of a house.  The walls go completely wonky.  If you delete the porch the walls heal themselves.

Another thing, ceilings won't generate, although that is not related to the porch.  Somewhere I have messed this up.

Strange.

Porch Test.plan

Scott, thanks for the reply, but the problem was not fixed.  Raising the roof partly covered the second story window, which is why the roof was at the elevation that I had in my posted file.   

2018-06-09_7-56-55.thumb.jpg.3ecacd04f08cb6d493216a2152c845d7.jpgin this image see the void at the corner of the building?   This is caused by the porch.  If the porch is deleted then the problem at the corner of the building goes away.   Very strange.

I turned on ceilings in the floor defaults.

Raised the entry space ceiling to match the room over the garage.

Deleted the attic level.

Still a problem with the attic wall on the right side -- might be a bug.

ct1.thumb.jpg.6ffcbd1fd35ca02226a0a0fc52092115.jpg

Porch Test (eric).zip

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    New2Chief
    Newest Member
    New2Chief

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By HibjurOnline
      Hey All,
      Please help me to create roof over a floor without walls but with only beam/pillars. I want it to be open terrace but covered from above.
      Thanks!
    • By stevenyhof
      Hello,
      I have a soffit that just wants to be angled. I auto created the roofs and this happened. So I deleted that part and made my own - same thing. So I mirrored the rear roof at 45 into place - same thing. I have included the plan - anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

SND1833 Norm Jones Residence.plan
    • By OnlineBuilder2
      Is there a quick way to do this roofline? I tried putting another level above but its not working. I've done this years ago but can't get it now