cjanderson66

Binding a PDF or JPG to a titleblock

I know that I have seen this before but somehow I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  I am trying to bind my logo to my titleblock so it shows up every time and does not have to go looking for it.  I was at one of the Chief seminars and we had quickly gone over this and now I seem to have forgotten how.  Just one of those things that if you don't do it enough, You call on help from other users.  The main reason for asking is my hard drives have failed and I need to replace them and we all know that when that happens it can be days worth of time lost trying to reinstall all your programs and getting setup once again just the way you had it.  Well that is my situation and it could not have come at a worse time as I am so darn busy.  Thanks for any help.

Open the Image in your title block (page 0) and on the top of the General tab of the Picture File DBX select "Save in Plan"

• Like 1

Ok, I knew that.  And once I got my template back from my old drive, I opened it up and saved as my default.  Thanks for helping with my brain fart @Chopsaw

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ShanePDX
    Newest Member
    ShanePDX

• By deanbrenneman
      I've never seen this problem before - I "print" my layout sheets to Chief PDF, and the floor plan comes up with super-heavy linewieghts, making it virtually unreadable.  No problem with the rest of my set including elevations, sections and roof plan.  Any thoughts about what is going on?
      VAN Bruggen CD PHASE 1.REV 1.pdf
    • By MarkMorrisGroup
      I would like to hire a drafter to setup a print template/titleblock and print layout. 

Please contact me via text  (415-713-8248) or email - markmorrisgroup@yahoo.com

thanks Mark Morris 

• By fangelo
      I typically insert pdf's of details from the manufacturer's in my CD's which really slows down my system.  Is there a better format that I could convert to that would be more efficient in chief(PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF) without losing quality?
    • By mborean
      Working on my first project in Chief.  The attached PDF is a screen shot showing part of a PDF created in Chief and the layout page that the PDF was derived from.  In the drawing I drew the triangles in the gable to represent louvered gable end vents.  In the drawing, they are fine, but in the PDF, the triangles are shifted a couple inches.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks
      pdf vs screen image.pdf
    • By JNWArchitect
      I have imported a PDF for use as a background in my drawings. Is appears ok on the screen, but when it prints out the background is very light, almost invisible.
      Is there a way to adjust the lightness/darkness and/or contrast of the PDF?
      Thanks