40mstew

ICF wall not showing completely

Curious as to why the foam insulation of my ICF wall won't show up. I have a 6" & 8" wall that showed up just fine. All walls are foundation walls, the 8" is a retaining wall. All dimensions on wall types  are the same as to where they are to measure from. "Wall layers" is checked. See pic. Looking for a super simple solution. I can upload complete file if it's not an easy solution.

Thanks.

2018-05-23_1443.png

I'm at 56.8 mb. I can only upload 25mb. And that's compressed in a zip file.

5 minutes ago, 40mstew said:

I'm at 56.8 mb. I can only upload 25mb. And that's compressed in a zip file.

Delete everything except the problem area. 

I can modify the plan w/CAD. Was just looking for a quick fix. Turn this on or off etc.  I'm not a computer guy. 

Thanks anyway. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DJRobinson13
    Newest Member
    DJRobinson13

• By No1ZZTopfan
      Instead of spending hours searching, I prefer to do this. My apologizes.

I've designed homes in previous versions of CA. All the way back to 4. Well, computer HD crashed a while back and nearly lost everything. After new HD, installation of CA 12 w/bonus materials, its back to normal. However...

When I render anything in any of the 6 houses in version 12 I get this alert window (see pic) telling me it can't find the files on the list. Instead of spending hours replacing each one, I would like to know if there is way to simple delete or restore them back to their default material setting, delete them altogether, anything! I can't seem to do them (delete is dimmed) either for some reason. Thanks in advance.

Using CA 12 with all bonus materials.

• By jheath21
      Hello! I downloaded Chief in January, only to find that it didn't come with the core catalogs, or any of the catalogs. I know that I can download individual things through the website, however they still aren't loading into Chief. I have x10 and I downloaded the x10 catalog, still unable to use it. For example, I downloaded a bunch of wood material catalogs to change my cabinets. When I go into materials, I see all the materials say "Texture Missing" with a yellow !. Some of the materials don't even have a name or a photo, there's a folder, but its just blank.
      Help! I use Chief for school and I need these materials to be able to work on my projects at home. Please help!

• By A-H_Ryan
      Ever since I have updated to Chief 11, auto interior dimensions is not in the drop down list.  Where did it go?
    • By rockyshepheard
      I have created a perimeter on the first floor. Then created a second floor. Then created a smaller perimeter for the 'floor and a half '.
      I build the roof and it looks good except all the walls are missing on the floor and a half level.
      I thought you needed walls to make a roof unless you used room dividers. I didn't use room dividers and got the same effect somehow.
      I would prefer to see the walls.
      Any thoughts as to what tick I may have erroneously ticked?
      Thanks!

• By MN_JohnH
      Here is an interesting issue, (at least for me)... I drew this stairway and created the stair well but when I go to a camera view, the wall comes in at the floor level. The basement is 11" thick ICF and the main level is 2x6 so in real life there is a lip on top of the ICF wall going back to the thickness of the 2x6 wall. I can't figure out why when I draw it like this the lip actually comes in at the framing level of the main floor. When I look at a cross section it actually looks like a section of the ICF wall is slid into the stairwell at that level.
      The floor trusses are 22". I have attached a picture of the project, I am already well underway with this, I am just trying to make some as built drawings so I can work on interior design stuff.
      I can probably make due with it as it is but I am just wondering if anyone wants to try and figure out what I am ,missing here.
      Thanks,
      Stairwell issue.plan