Schedule Symbol Line weights

ShelbyTRI

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to change the line weights of the 2D symbols in a schedule.

I create a schedule in a CAD detail, send it to the layout, and scale it to appropriately fit the page.

However, when I print the layout, the 2D symbols look extremely thick. How can I make the line weights of the symbols thinner?

I've tried editing within the schedule, and changing the text height to a smaller size (1"), which this works to make the symbols thinner, but then the text is too hard to read.

Also, is there a way to make a schedule have multiple columns?

Thanks!!

test.PNG

• 2 months later...

Reduce your Electrical Layer Line weight.  Default is 25 I think.  Try something like 6 or 10 but make sure it is still ok in your plan as it will effect that too unfortunately.  Add columns by opening the Schedule DBX.

• 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Karysa
    Newest Member
    Karysa

• By marlem2000
      Hi, everybody
      I would like to know how you edit symbols or CAD blocks.
      I don’t have much experience creating my own objects so I usually download them from pages like 3D Warehouse.
      Most of the times I need to make changes or remove elements included in these objects so I just load the symbol, go to Edit CAD block and try to modify what I need in the CAD Block window.
      When the object is ready, I just add it to the library, but when I try to reload again the symbol previously created I can’t see it in the 3D view.
      I’m sure I’m missing some steps or, probably, I can’t understand how symbols work.
      Many thanks for the help!

• By Renerabbitt
      Separating Sale items from free items from the popular FREE SYMBOLS AND CONTENT
      All items can be purchased from the SHOP
      Want free items? I love giving away things to help you succeed in this software, just click on the link above for the symbols and content thread for free stuff!

• By BlackDiamond
      Hi,
      I'm trying to update my electrical schedule with all the fixtures I'm using on a plan. Some of the electrical symbols require a wall to be able to be placed on the plan.
      How can I get a copy of the symbol to place in my schedule without having to add a wall to do it?
      Thanks
    • By PJS-59
      I like HO Railroads. I am getting started on a new layout and want to build HO Scale Houses and buildings.  I figured I could create the building plan with Chief Architect and print the elevations with Scale Dimensions to use for cutting and building the scale model.  I have created the first building, was able to set the print scale for HO (1/7" = 1') and print a "Full Size" elevation that I can use a ruler to get measurements from, or use as a template and cut printout and balsa wood together.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to show scale dimensions?  Ex house is 50' wide, HO Scale would be 7.14".  a 7' high Door would be 1" high on HO Scale model.

I have attached the 1st plan file
      Basic 50x4 Duplex.plan
    • By BIVOUAC
      Hi, I'm new to Chief Architect and looking for someone that can set it up for me. I use Autocad ans have graphic standards that I would like to use and layouts (different size). I also which to have typical assemblies created (walls, foundation, floor, roof, etc) and will also be seeking for materials to set-up my main products (reference to specific products). Help on workflow can be an asset. Maybe stairs options.

As I am searching for services, the help is not required immediately and everything will be subject to a collaborative discussion. I need to get an idea of the budget and time I should allow. Maybe start with basics and progress along the way.

Thanks a lot in advance, Chief Architect seems very interesting!