Slab Dimensions

Heritage

Hey got a quick question. I have built my foundation level and made particular walls footing walls but when I go to dimension for center lines I cant get the dimension string to go to the slab. It will only pull to the outside of the brick line or the furthest inside line. Any info would be great. 

Thanks!

Capture.thumb.JPG.b8457e0ab9941448d96491192a003b1d.JPG 

Not sure but you might have to define your foundation wall with multiple concrete layers. 

That is, if you have a 10” wall and want to dimension 4” into that wall then you should define a wall with one 6” layer concrete and another with 4” layer concrete. 

Then you could snap to the layer that is defined as structural. 

FYI,  that brick "rebate" line was not always there.  It appeared in the last couple of versions.  Point is,  I do not think that is a line that you can select/dimension to.  

I think a  note about the rebate width or a cad line that can be dimensioned to are your options,  unless you want to take Michael Gia's suggestion. 

2 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

5afda34075480_Screenshot2018-05-1711_42_11.thumb.png.37578e3482eb71b2158c8bc7fa5dd447.png

Dont forget to designate one concrete layer as main and the other as interior or you won't get the snap.

Of course it would be nice to control how that line appears on the wall in plan view...

Hi Michael,  I never knew this.  I gave this a try but could not quite make it work.   Would you mind posting a  plan with the "rebate" working or fix my plan.

Thanks,  I am looking forward to learning something new.

bbb rebate plan 1.plan

5afdc6f7dcf16_ScreenShot2018-05-17at11_15_48AM.thumb.png.705e474146b6c9e1c5182187103bece6.png

Thanks for the suggestions. When I set up the wall with the main layer 6" and the interior 4", as pictured above but when I select okay to exit the edit tool it shows briefly with the concrete texture then goes back to how it originally looked and I still can only select the outer line. Something so simple but so frustrating haha