Elevation Line Question

Heritage

Hey, so this probably has a really simple answer but I can't seem to find how to do it. On my exterior elevations, I would like to change the weight or transparency of my roof material or my brick material. I would like to even omit it in some cases. Right now they are both the same weight and it can blend together.

Thanks for any input!

This is my layout:

Capture.thumb.JPG.826a6191621d4bb3444d383164a25f36.JPG 

This is what I would like it to look like without material details

elevations.jpg

There is a layer in Display Options for the Elevation Camera set called "Patterns-3D" that can be displayed or not at your choice before sending to layout. If you want patterns to show but darker, their default line weight can be changed in Display Options before sending to layout. If already on layout you can use the "Edit Layout Tool" while on layout to alter line weights of perspective and elevation-cross section views by selecting the tool, left click on a line in the view you want to change and then by way of the resulting dialog box change "Pattern Lines or Edge Lines" for that view.

In order to actually see the line weight changes you, of course, have to have the "Show Line Weight Tool active to see, visually, the changes made.

DJP

Thanks for this info! On the "patterns 3d" I have changed the line weight as well as color options but it never changes on the view. If I turn the display off then it goes away completely. The "show line weight tool" is the box on the lefthand side correct?

Capture.thumb.JPG.79238b67287045270adc1d7b350e9c18.JPG

Send your views to layout using plot line option and then choose the plot line weight for Pattern line weight and color also 

edge line weight and color. Make edge line weight heavier and darker than pattern line weight . Also use the edit line tool to delete line one at a time or by Using the select ken to choose an area and then Delete. Hope this puts you on the right track.

Have a great weekend,Ken