BlueTree

trying to draw a roof

Would it be possible to get someone to look at a project creating?  Trying to draw the roof manually and having a problem with one wall.

Post the plan and clearly describe what you want -- images if available will help.

not sure how to post the plan.  I attached a pic.  The wall w/ window is taller than the adjoining wall.  How do I change or what do I change?

2018-04-25 (2).png

5 minutes ago, BlueTree said:

not sure how to post the plan.

Close/save the plan. Attach as you did the image.

6 minutes ago, BlueTree said:

The wall w/ window is taller than the adjoining wall.  How do I change or what do I change?

You want to change the elevation of this roof plane so it matches the one on the left?

ct1.thumb.jpg.c88ae41ce390c6be0f4f6b94bdc854ba.jpg

Solver,

When i tried to post the file, got an error 200 message. 

I worked thru it.  thx, I appreciate the help.

Rob

Solver,

I'm new to this as i stated, can u recommend a plan of attack to learning CA Premier x10?  There is a lot of resources to utilize.  I have the time during day to learn it fortunately.  But it is a lot to learn and a ton of resources to utilize.  Thanks in advance.

Rob 

Rob, feel free to call me if you like Cell- 832-754-6160. I often help a lot of people on-line for free to show them something if they get stuck. I can use Skype or Team viewer but I prefer Team viewer. 

Attempting to build a roof, cant get the hips to come together over the back of the house.  It's a 7 in 12 pitch, hip roof with dutch gable in the front. 

Mill Rd - test 2.plan

I would let Chief build that roof automatically and save yourself some work.

On 4/26/2018 at 6:57 AM, BlueTree said:

can u recommend a plan of attack to learning CA Premier x10?

I started with Home Designer, watching every video I could find. Every night for weeks I'd watch and practice. Then I'd watch them again, and get more out of them. There is the Users Guide and Reference Manual, and X10 Tutorial.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/138/quick-start-video-series.html

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x10-tutorial-guide.pdf

I'm with Glenn, let the program do the work. Many of us at least start with auto roofs, then switch to manual if needed. Roofs take practice, and understanding how Chief does things.

Your question about one wall being taller -- it's like that because if a roof is over a wall, the wall will extend up to the roof, so you make the roof lower, not make the wall shorter. Draw a structure with several rooms, all with different ceiling heights. Draw a small manual roof plane over each room and note where the roof plane is positioned. Use Transform/Replicate or the roof plane dialog to move the roof planes up or down so they are all at the same height.