2ND floor Level

cjanderson66

I am wondering if there is an easy way to change the height of a current 2nd floor level.  During my initial measurement of an existing home, I thought the floor joists were 2X12's but in actuality they are 2X10's.  Now after discovering this during the construction process I need to make a few corrections but without the correct floor height it is making it challenging.  My question to you all is, is there and easy way to change the height of the second floor all at once without having to go into each room and change the floor level? 

16 minutes ago, solver said:

You can change the defaults under Floor Ceiling Platform, and/or change the structure under Current Floor.

ct1.thumb.jpg.6dcedd713718f6fa43ba7bc605c11236.jpg

In my (short) experience, this would be effective if you had set this default before creating rooms.  If, like me, you had gone with, for example, an 8' default at the start and wanted to make the ground floor 9' afterwards, you would then have to open each room on that ground floor and check 'default' next to ceilings relative heights.

As I see it, if you have floors of varying heights you'll need to set the default height of each floor before you start creating rooms.

@Solver: does this make sense?

14 minutes ago, cv2702 said:

@Solver: does this make sense?

Build a 2 floor structure. Go to the 2nd floor defaults. You can change the ceiling height on both floors.

You can also use Edit>Reset To Defaults to make changes after setting defaults, or to return to already set defaults.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Dermot said:

You might want to try changing the "Current Floor" defaults for the second floor and then use the "Reset to Defaults" tool under the main Edit menu.

See it is the little things like this that help so much.  I had no idea you could even reset the defaults under the edit menu.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Karysa
    Newest Member
    Karysa

• By PdoubleU
      I am having Chief Architect X14 build floor framing and it keeps adding a double rim joist in the middle of a span. There is a Glulam beam in the middle of the garage floor, and a bearing wall for the other bearing line but I can't figure out why it is doing this. There are no walls above this floor system. First time posting so not sure what is needed to answer this question.

Floor question.plan
    • By MaggieTS
      Hello! 

I am very new to chief architect so I need some assistance.

I have a two story building where the ceiling height over the living space and part of the mud room has 9ft ceilings where the rest of the house is at 8ft ceilings. I have tried changing the floor height of the upper level but it just changes my overall ceiling height of the lower floor to 8ft. 

In the image I have my file with the pdf of the design below. You can see the beam going down the center (to the left of the stairs). The area to the left has 9ft ceilings with a gable roof above, and the area to the right has 8ft ceilings with another level above.

How can I get the program to recognize I want to change the height over the stairs/part of the laundry/bedroom etc?

Thank you!

• By BlackDiamond
      I'm stumped....

I am working on a 4-plex on a sloped site so the floor levels of each unit are different. On the left end unit, when I try to change my standard basement floor level from -119 5/8" to -95 5/8" it works in all the 'rooms' but won't stay changed in the 1/2" space between the firring walls and the foundation walls. I've tried changing a firred wall to have no room definition so it included the 1/2" space but then the whole room goes back to the -199 5/8". I've tried everything I can think of and it just won't stay at -95 5/8".

I've moved the footings up to the proper location but as you can see in the .pdf view, the windows are 24" too low and the slab in that 1/2" space is 24" too low. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to appear accurately. I've included the plan file just in case. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

btw... I'm using CA Premier X12

firred space floor.pdf
      Building 16-50 51 52 53.zip
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      I would like to add the paint sample attached (med_sprinkle) and use it on the garage floor but each time I create the material it comes out as tiled. In addition, when it is solid its massive instead of regular size (see garage pic). Any suggestions/tips would be most grateful. Thanks.

Using CA12 on Win10Pro

• By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, is there a way to display the ceiling elevation (height) on plan view, as we typically show them on architectural drawings?