X10 Wall Niche

Meltdown00

When I create a wall niche in X10 and add casing in the specification dialog box, the casing is not set against the wall unless you make the depth of the niche the same depth of the wall.

Is there a way to change this or is this a bug?

FYI: pretty new to Chief, started with X9, but don't remember having this problem before...

X10_Niche_Casing_1.JPG

2 hours ago, Meltdown00 said:

When I create a wall niche in X10 and add casing in the specification dialog box, the casing is not set against the wall unless you make the depth of the niche the same depth of the wall...

Notice as well that even if the wall and the niche have the same depth, the casing is still not entirely flush?

snip_20180314143359.thumb.png.2600ec354962c08afc4632ee59b6ae2c.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mikedanderton
    Newest Member
    mikedanderton

• By ThomasWilder
      Hello,

I am trying to find the best way to model a Georgian window, with an angled inset into the wall's thickness, and a window along the inner edge (see the attached image). Note that this isn't a box window - there is no "bump out" - the window is set into the wall. I thought about using a wall niche, but I do not know how to create the angle. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Software version: Interiors X13

• By Nate_M
      Hello,

I am working on an as built for a 1800's house. The door and window trim is 5 3/4" wide. My problem is that there a few instances where the door or window trim has been cut down to fit up against another wall. For example there's a window in one of the corners that is nearly up against the perpendicular wall. The trim on the left side of the window is 5 3/4" but the trim on the right side is around 3". 

Is there a way to place the window further into the corner and cut off the trim? Can I make the trim on only side of the window a smaller width? This is a pretty common occurrence in our work and I would like to have a method of solving this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    • By SNestor
      What causes Chief to reduce the width of a mulled door unit? 

The images below show the before and after of mulling a door unit. The sidelights are "fixed door" units. Not sure that matters...but as you can see after mulling takes place the casing does not reach the baseboard.

• By hamedDesighn
      Hi , when ever i press delete key i should see this why ? seriously ? this bug was within chief since 2 years ago that i started with it .
    • By nVisionTEKBIM
      Hi everyone, I'm a new CA user here learning the software.

Does anyone know how to exclude the exterior window/door casing at the lower stone veneer pony wall? I can't find anything in any of the tutorials or on here.

I'd like the casing to stop at the stone water table, and have the stone veneer stop at the window jamb, and there be a stone window sill. I assume this is a simple fix that I just can't figure out.