Meltdown00

X10 Wall Niche

When I create a wall niche in X10 and add casing in the specification dialog box, the casing is not set against the wall unless you make the depth of the niche the same depth of the wall.

Is there a way to change this or is this a bug?

FYI: pretty new to Chief, started with X9, but don't remember having this problem before...

X10_Niche_Casing_1.JPG

Looks like a problem to me. Here I added a Frame, and it has the same problem.

ct1.thumb.jpg.b2fbba55bc0a2a15382c10158a9431cd.jpg

• Upvote 1

Make sure you send it into to support or it won't get fixed

I have submitted a new case online. I have never done this before so I hope I did it correctly!

Thanks solver, for the help.

• Upvote 1

I submitted one too. A little extra encouragement never hurts.

2 hours ago, Meltdown00 said:

When I create a wall niche in X10 and add casing in the specification dialog box, the casing is not set against the wall unless you make the depth of the niche the same depth of the wall...

Notice as well that even if the wall and the niche have the same depth, the casing is still not entirely flush?

snip_20180314143359.thumb.png.2600ec354962c08afc4632ee59b6ae2c.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    danmor
    Newest Member
    danmor

• By hamedDesighn
      Hi , when ever i press delete key i should see this why ? seriously ? this bug was within chief since 2 years ago that i started with it .
    • By nVisionTEKBIM
      Hi everyone, I'm a new CA user here learning the software.

Does anyone know how to exclude the exterior window/door casing at the lower stone veneer pony wall? I can't find anything in any of the tutorials or on here.

I'd like the casing to stop at the stone water table, and have the stone veneer stop at the window jamb, and there be a stone window sill. I assume this is a simple fix that I just can't figure out.

• By ambrozac
      Could anyone confirm this please?  Thanks

1.) Copy "Bare Bulb" and paste into your User Library.  It's located in Chief Architect Core Catalogs/Architectural/Lighting/Ceiling Mounted/Flush Mount/Bare Bulb.

2.) While in the User Library, right click on Bare Bulb and open it's "Component" dbx.  After it opens, then close the dbx by selecting "OK", no changes necessary.  Make sure to select "OK".

3.)  Are there any changes?  Mine looks like the picture below.  If you place in plan, then open it's Object Specification dbx, it will say no 3D present.  I think I know how to correct it, but I don't think it should work this way.  Then again, it may only be happening to me.

• By Jael_CA
      I have a problem rendering almost all the interior scenes that involve sun light and photon mapping.

The problem is that there are unwanted lights from the edges of some objects and walls. After a lot of research, I simplified the scene to a rectangular empty room with one window:
      If I place the window on a wall, the photon mapping rendering works fine. ok.plan (this is the plan file)

If I place the window on another wall, there are unwanted lights in the top edge of one wall. ko.plan (this is the plan file)

I haven´t found a solution (roof, other lights in the room...) beyond not using photonmapping, so I think there's a bug in the photon mapping algorithm.

I hope that some advanced user can help...

I atach the files with the proof of concept.

Thanks in advance,
      Jael

• By Designers_Edge
      I appreciate any help or input on this problem.  I have been having this issue for the last 3-4 months and have just been working around it.  I only do as-built and remodel plans, so I need to show the casing widths -especially for kitchen remodels. In a PLAN---For example:  3 1/4" casings when dimensioned, whether with automatic interior dimensions or manual dimensions show up as 3 1/2".  

I have contacted Chief support and sent them a different plan file.  They told me to change the "Rounding Method" in the Dimension Defaults setup.  I have selected both "Grid Rounding" and "Distance Rounding" and it does not make a difference.  I have also tried:  locating first the sides and then changed it to rough opening to see if I could work around this glitch.  NO luck.

I have Chief X9 Interiors and have used Chief since 8.0 and have never had this problem previously.  I even opened one of the Chief Architect templates and drew a simple box with one interior wall and inserted a door, then dimensioned---same issue.  

Here are my default settings