Designers_Edge

X10 Full camera view-cabinet lines jagged

I have been working in X10 w latest update, setting up my defaults in a custom floor plan template for my kitchen or bath remodels.  When I check out my door style selections etc in the full camera view, the cabinet lines are blurry and jagged WHEN the camera view is at an angle.  When the camera view is straight on like a wall elevation, everything is perfect. I edited the current camera and turned off bloom, reflections, ambient occlusion etc., but it made no difference.  I hope someone can tell me how to eliminate or improve what should be a straight forward quick view of a room.  Thank you so much.

iMac Retina 5K, OS High Sierra--

I have several screen shots showing:

1.  A straight on full camera view without these issues

2.  An angled camera view and Chief Architect default camera settings

3. An angled camera view with all of the default camera settings turned off.

Straight on camera view.png

2. Angled w default settings.png

Chief Default camera settings.png

Angled w settings turned off.png

default settings turned off.png

Close up of those lines.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 2.11.01 PM.png

That is the one thing I did not even try!   Never used it in X9.  Eric, THANK YOU so much.  That did the trick--it takes a few seconds, but the view is sound and I could export the image to show a client now.  Appreciate your feedback and help.

Sharon

Also in preferences Render-hardware edge smoothing- set to high, you have a strong enough video card for it.

Mark, thank you.  I will give this a try.  Have been trying to work thru the new tutorials for X10 to understand the new things added to the program.  Seems I have time for just the basics on the renderings and always make do with the basic camera 3D views and the dollhouse views.  Appreciate any and all tips!  Sharon

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cbling
    Newest Member
    cbling

• By Clemson_Causey
      So this is more just an FYI, but my current IMac that I use does not support X12 due to older video card and older OS system.  So was looking to get a NEW computer and have loved the reliability of the IMac, but was frustrated the the latest IMacs that were just released still had subpar video cards.  So have been doing a lot of research with Chief Architect Help Desk, Apple, and other PC manufacturers like Dell/HP and just wanted to share in case any other Chief Users out there were looking to invest in a New Mac.
      The end result is this: the current AMD Pro Vega video card in the 2019 IMacs will run Chief X12, but Chief is moving towards all their platforms using "ray-tracing" video cards that support Direct X, or the Metal platforms.  The Nvidia RTX 2080ti card is one of the best cards on the market to support the Direct X platform and ray tracing.  However, Apple only uses AMD chips at the time.  (and yes you can use add on hardware that reads the Nvidia card, but not looking to invest $3800 in a new IMac, and then have to use an EPU to get the graphics correct).  So Chief advised that IF I wanted to stay with Apple products, they advised waiting until later this year to see if AMD and Apple's new releases will have the "Metal" platform on their graphics cards, which will support future versions of where Chief is headed.
      Therefore, although I hate not upgrading and using X12, and I considered switching to a PC, which are very good, I decided to wait it out and see what Apple does later this year with their upgrades and newer video cards with AMD.  Here is a link to explain more of the Metal platform that Apple is using. https://developer.apple.com/metal/
      Since I had done so much research, just wanted to share with anyone who was looking to get a new Mac this year.  Again, current Macs will support and run Chief great, I just wanted to make sure that when I invest in a new computer, that it will still run Chief upgrades well 2-3 years from now.  Hope this helps!
    • By CarlaBDesigns
      X10 for sale $1,000, this does not have SSA.
    • By GCCISarah
      Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief X11, using a Camera View with a Reference Display of the As-Built, I have the As-Built Reference Display file set to render as a Glass House view. The Glass House referenced model displays, but without any of the dark outlines to show the features of the model. I have included an image of a remodel I am working on currently, where the referenced As-Built shows as a faint blue shape. Nothing like the examples Chief gives of a reference display, below.
      Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I have also included an example image from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.
      This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* in the plan I'm working on. If I were working on a plan and change the rendering technique to Glass House, the outlines are visible. This only happens in Reference Display.

• By GCCISarah
      Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief, using the reference display in a 3D view (referencing an as-built plan overlayed onto the remodel plan) with Glass House View, the Glass House View is very transparent, with no 'outlines' around the items in the drawing.
      It makes it quite hard to see what the existing vs. remodel.
      Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I'll attach a photo of a kitchen I'm working on currently below, showing how faint the Glass House View is, vs. an example photo from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.
      This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* on the referenced plan. If I were to delete the reference display plan, and just change the rendering technique of the Plan file I'm working on to Glass House, there is no problem. The 'outlines' show as desired. 

• By KenL-sdd
      When you unlicense  x11 it also unlicenses x10 or if you unlicense  x10 it also unlicenses x11. That is fine and I understand why it is being done. However is should also work the other way if I license x11 for my laptop then it should give me access to x10 or vise versa..
      Case in point, I licensed x10 on my laptop to go into the field and meet with a client on a job, I have been working on for a while. Unfortunately the drawing had been opened and saved in x11 and was in the wrong file folder. Being in the middle of nowhere without internet connection I was hosed <that's the nice word> thanks to chiefs new way to  license. If you are going to remove access to x10 and x11 if just one is unlicensed then if I license one product the other should be licensed on the same machine it should automatically give access to the other product.
      Chief please fix this MAJOR licensing problem.