Sign in to follow this  
Borth-Wilson

Calculating Square Footage

Hi, we are new to chief and wondering the best ways to calculate square footage for tile schedules.  We do a lot of bathrooms and have cheif interiors. Hoping to be able to export a schedule to verify square footage onsite before ordering material. 

Thank you!

You can also create a polyline of any shape and open it's dbx to show the area of the shape.

The Materials List might be something to look at. There are various ways of applying tile.

ct1.thumb.jpg.4dadebee4792305d80632aad0ec3c7fd.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By carowe
      Is there a way to download a picture of a tile from a manufacturer's website and create a material?  I am trying to use the attached pics of tiles for a backsplash in a kitchen and have followed the instructions on the videos, but cannot get the tile to align properly.  I have attached pictures of the two tiles I'd like to show the client, and a picture of what happens when I try to use the material.
      Thanks!

• By Sarah_Black
      Hello! I'd like to sell/transfer my Chief Architect Interiors X9 license - my business model has changed and I no longer need the program. Open to all reasonable offers. Please reach out! Thank you.

• By DecoratorsCorner
      I just upgraded to X10 and all of my text boxes are misaligned so once I have finished writing my text and press OK to go back to floor plan view, I can only see half of the text. The text is also misaligned with the white background of the text box. The white background is where it should be. I have even tried to change the layer and alter it as a custom text size to see if it was a setting issue but it is the same problem for all layers. 
      Help!
    • By paulmmw7
      I’m thinking of making the switch to CA from 2020 v11. I’ve always been interested in the software. The simple things that CA seems to do so easily that are just so time consuming in 2020 such as wall dimensioned elevations, detailed professional notes, the renderings produced so easily are just light years ahead of 2020. I realize there have been many threads about the difference between them. If any of my concerns have already been spelled out in another thread or videos please copy the link in your response.

My current company hired me because of my 2020 skill set, but I've always believed that CA is the real program that can really blow the minds off any Higher end client.

Right now we export our finished 2020 layouts as a CSV. File then import it to a program that prices out all of our jobs (equilibrium). I’ve read that you could make a cabinet schedule and create a csv. File out of that? Doing this will be vital to making the leap, If so I’d love to find out more about that process. If this can be done it will put the owner of my company at ease. He will be opposed to this change simply because most of our cabinet Manuf. don't support CA with catalogs. I’m looking for reassurance from you guys that even though there is no Cab brand CA catalogs it is still easy enough to create door styles that are similar, cabinet colors will be easy to mimic.

The templates seem to be more user friendly as well as working within them, and I’d love to know if there is a video showing how to use them. I’ve attached a typical presentation that I give my customers w/2020. I’d love for someone to attach some examples of preferably kitchen jobs they’ve done for there customers w/ CA.

I'm 28 years old I've been using 2020 for 5 years I went to a vocational school where I used AutoCAD for about 3+ years since then have used updated versions of AC. So I want to believe it will be an easy transition.  Feel free to email me with any info in regards to major differences between the 2 programs or an sample layout presentation.

I look forward to hearing all of your different thoughts.
      Sample Plans.pdf
    • By CooksDesign
      We are a well established Kitchen & Bath Design Studio located in Sarasota, Florida. We are looking for an "in-house" designer to use Chief Architect to create floor plans, elevations, etc.