Moving CAD Block using Dimensions

Chrisb222

Hi, I run into an issue when trying to move CAD Blocks using the Dimension technique. If I have a CAD Block in plan view that has a dimension attached, and I want to relocate it by changing the dimension value, it doesn't work. If it's dimensioned to the center of the CAD Block and I change the value, nothing happens. If it's dimensioned to a side, the CAD Block will move ONLY the dimensioned side to the new dimension, changing the size, shape, and proportions of the CAD Block.

Am I doing something wrong or is this normal behavior?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

If it's dimensioned to the center of the CAD Block and I change the value, nothing happens.

Not sure what to tell you about this one without seeing an example.

10 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

If it's dimensioned to a side, the CAD Block will move ONLY the dimensioned side to the new dimension, changing the size, shape, and proportions of the CAD Block.

You need to make sure you're using the appropriate mode.  The one on the left will move only the selected edge while the one on the right will move the entire object...

5a793943ac968_Movetype.thumb.jpg.63da905464bba3fa8288de32f68957c5.jpg

7 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You need to make sure you're using the appropriate mode.  The one on the left will move only the selected edge while the one on the right will move the entire object...

Yep, that's what I was missing. Many thanks for your time and help.

• Upvote 1