Sign in to follow this  
0317Solutions

Ledger board

Im trying to design a pergola the will go on a deck and the upper portion will terminate at the house and attach with a ledger board.  Im having trouble rendering this.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (10).png

Do you have an image of what you are hoping for as a finished look ?  I sometimes use a roof plane and just show the framing.

1 hour ago, 0317Solutions said:

Im trying to design a pergola the will go on a deck and the upper portion will terminate at the house and attach with a ledger board.  Im having trouble rendering this.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (10).png

If you can't figure it out, shoot me an email. I've done many pergolas. The way you're showing it isn't really how they're built in the real world. Google pergolas and you'll see typical ways to build them. I would be happy to do an online meeting with you sometime. I do all of mine completely manual.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    B1k3rm4n
    Newest Member
    B1k3rm4n

• By Designer100
      I have designed a pergola and a deck. I cannot get the terrian to show right. It needs to be zero of level at back of deck by pool deck and slowly slope down to a bayou. it needs to be 36" to grade at edge of outer deck Then a stair going down to the end of stair which is around 5 fr lower that top of deck. I have not did much terrian and would appreciate your help. This is just a remodeling and adding a deck from the pool. 

Thank  you,

Nerwell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 
      Pergola_.plan

11X17.layout
    • By Conserva
      So I've drawn up a deck on a second floor but the framing is showing up on the floor below. I feel like I am missing some small detail but I can't figure this one out.

• By SNestor
      Just a quick video on how to create a deck railing panel symbol...

• By Oostin
      How would I go about raising the height of my roof, without changing the pitch? I want the roof line to end at the deck, but when I try to modify the roof with the edit handle the wall comes up against. I want the wall to end at the deck of my A-frame, ad have the roof end at the deck.

• By MN_JohnH
      When I build decks I **** to have the railing posts, (newels), set to the outside of the rim joists and bolted through the rim. Most codes don't allow for notching anymore but with a 4x4 I can bolt the full 4x4 to the outside of the rim and then overhang the decking a bit over the rim and still accomplish the 4" minimum opening between the bottom rail and the decking. I don't see an option to build the railing this way. I know I can do each piece manually but I would think this is not that uncommon of a building technique and there must be a setting for it. Seems like no matter what I do, deck railing posts are always sitting on top of the deck and defining the "wall". Essentially I am looking to create the deck perimeter at the correct size and then create the railing 3.5" total thickness, to the outside of the rim with 1" thick fascia boards then applied to the rim between the posts and the decking would then overhang the fascia boards by about a half inch.