hello everyone

i have a question, how to draw grids and circles to assigns a number to it like the picture below  

Autocad_architecture_finished_column_grid-742x480.jpg

Did you find this thread ?

There are quite a few methods for this type of thing but the 2 that stand out to me the most...

1.  Just use a double callout...

5a56499f296f0_Doublecallout.thumb.png.c0c9d166ff23e7319a94e9659e33e244.png

2.  Use an elevation camera...

Camera.thumb.png.49a69595ee2f1c6f7f005e1b18948818.png

The latter is probably my personal favorite because you can place the grid line once and it will display on ALL floors and it can be selected on any floor as well.  Biggest downside to the camera method though is that it comes with no usable snaps. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dentistau
    Newest Member
    dentistau

• By SNestor
      Building on the videos Eric (Solver) made recently...I did this video to show how you can construct a tapered paneled column in plan view, using p-solids and a molding polyline. It's a fast method...and the best part is you don't have to use a 3D molding polyline.

Check it out....

• By SNestor
      Is there anything I can do to either reduce or eliminate the lines the column moldings are producing in vector view?  I did convert the curve to a polyline...and divided the circle into very small parts...but it doesn't seem to help.  

Any ideas would by great.  Thanks.

Here's a couple pics...a sample plan is attached also. (Column Molding in Vector View.plan)

• By SNestor
      There are a lot of ways to make a column like this using the tools Chief gives us...this is a method I use.  Hope it helps...

• By Designer100
      I cannot delete the 2 columns under stair at balcony. I only need 3 columns on the stair side or carport or balcony.
      When I put stair it added 2 columns. I cannot delete them and would appreciate anyones help. this is all I like finishing up.
      Lane.Joe -Coyle.plan
    • By Doug_N
      I am working on a project that requires the plan view of each floor to have a reference grid that intersects at each column.   Is there a easy way to do this where each grid has an alpha callout at the top of the layout view and numeric callout along one or both sides.

Doug Norton
      Whitby Ontario Canada