Multiple Labels - by using Architectural Blocks

Joe_Carrick

Have you ever wanted to be able to display the Cabinet Labels (maybe as a Schedule Callout) but then have a separate Label for the Island that the Cabinets make up?

Here's the trick:

• Select the Cabinets
  • Create an Architectural Block (red blocking icon on the edit toolbar)
  • Assign the text or macro desired to the Architectural Block
  • Make sure the "Architectural Blocks, Labels" layer is displayed

You now have separate labels for the cabinets and for the block.

If you want another label, marque select the block and create another Architectural Block and assign the desired text to that Label.

I'm not sure how deep you can nest Architectural Blocks but I've done it 3 levels which is more than I need.

IAE, this works for Cabinets, Furniture, Fixtures, etc.  (anything that can be combined into an Architectural Block).

Yesiree Joe, Architectural Blocks are my new best friend.  As you know, we could probably spend all day discussing what we can do with them, but let me add this before I hit the hay...

You can also include lines, polylines, arcs, callouts, text, rich text, and any other CAD based object you can think of.  Let's see if anyone can figure out how before I get back.

OK Michael,

I know how to include lines, polylines, & arcs in an Architectural Block.  That's just a matter of converting them to Molding Polylines - or one of several other object types.

But how do you include Text, Rich Text, Markers & Callouts?

• Upvote 1

Joe 

I am missing something ... in the AB how do you assign a text or macro ... thought it would be nice to have a poly solid or custom counter top that would total up the tops footage's almost like a room schedule for each room gives the footage,   assign a number to each top ..ex  T1 = T 2 =  and then a total 

Joe, I am interested in purchasing your macros ... interested in the roof footage's that is live .. so when you change something on a roof the roof layout box totals will change with alterations. Please let me know how to go about purchasing them.

Yourself and Alaskan Son do a really nice job in sharing tips  

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all 

jb

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

OK Michael,

I know how to include lines, polylines, & arcs in an Architectural Block.  That's just a matter of converting them to Molding Polylines - or one of several other object types.

But how do you include Text, Rich Text, Markers & Callouts?

Good morning Joe!

You can also include lines, polylines, arcs, etc. by blocking them (CAD Block), adding that block to to the library, and then assigning that block to a distribution path.  The distribution path can then be added to the Architectural Block...which is the same way we can add Text, Rich Text, Callouts, Markers, Etc.

By the way, before I forget... Don't try to add any architectural blocks that include distributed objects with CAD blocks to your library.   Not only does it not work but you'll likely end up in a never ending loop of errors and you will be forced to close down Chief using Task Manager.   I came across this problem a while back but I forgot about it until just recently while testing out a new tool. I'll try to remember and report it when I have a chance.  If they if you guys end up trying it and experience the same thing maybe you should report it as well.  It would be really nice if we could store these types of things in the user library. 

4 hours ago, jonboy112352 said:

Joe 

I am missing something ... in the AB how do you assign a text or macro ... thought it would be nice to have a poly solid or custom counter top that would total up the tops footage's almost like a room schedule for each room gives the footage,   assign a number to each top ..ex  T1 = T 2 =  and then a total 

To assign text or a macro to an Architectural Block - add it to the Label. 

As far as the Counter Tops, I have a macro package similar to the Roofs Package.  The price for each of those is $25.00 ($50.00 total)

My complete list is at

To purchase, just deposit the total amount for the packages/macros you want in my PayPal account chriscoll@dslextreme.com  (include a note listing what you are purchasing)

• Upvote 1