mid century style roof

TJDesign

Good Afternoon - 

I'm attempting to recreate a home in the mid century style in CA Interiors x9.  The roof pitch (as called out in the original plans that I have is 1 in 12.  There is no attic and very little space (approx 12") between the ceiling that follows the roof like and the roof itself.  I have attempted to draw the roof plan myself which gives me the correct roof line for the pitch, but then in the areas where the roof goes up, it creates attic walls that hang down into my main floor area that are not really there.

Hoping to get some help before I move forward.  Can I simply delete those attic walls that are not really there or will it mess something up?  I've attached a zipped file (yes I know it's not fit for building, but this is to show interior concepts only).

Thank you in advance.

Loudon New Plan.zip

I realized (and see that it was also a suggestion of Javastorm) that some of my rooms have ceilings, so I turned those off and have gotten closer to the affect.  My main issue right now is the stairwell.  I want the long walls on either side to be pony walls to open up the space, but I still see walls to the ceiling.  I tried just deleting the upper wall, but it then deletes the dry wall on my ceiling.

I know I'm probably doing this the hard way, but until I can get on the schedule for some one on one instruction, any help is appreciated.

One suggestion before drawing any walls etc is to set up the known Defaults 1st  , eg the ceiling height , ceiling structure ,whether there is a Ceiling or the space is Vaulted ( as in this case ), Roof Slope and Structure, Foundation details, etc ..... at least enough for the basic Structure .

I noticed your Roof planes aren't joined properly at the Ridge (Peak) but this roof builds pretty well on auto , if all the walls are given their correct directives in the roof Tab 1st ...ie gable, high shed, etc. , then you can fix the roof over the bumpout simply by manually by pulling that section down , and added the reverse slope at the ridge for the overhangs either side.

If you have a hole appear in the ceiling like that, try the Wall's...... Stop at ceiling or go through ceiling settings ...one or the other usually fixes it.

I also did as Eric did at the Stairwell....ie set as Solid Rail and changed the Top Rail to a Cap..........pretty narrow stair at only 3'....

here's your revised Plan so you can see what I did, I have saved a couple of Camera Views for you too...

Loudon_MHD_Plan.plan

M.

Just thought I'd add that the new Tutorial Guide is available now with the other X9 Documentation ( User and Manual ) , it is much more extensive than the Original User guide and walks you through examples from beginning to Start , and it's pretty good.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/documentation.html

I also still have this CA Drawing Order Cheat Sheet from years ago , which may help too...

CA Drawing Order QuickTip.docx

42 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Just thought I'd add that the new Tutorial Guide is available now with the other X9 Documentation ( User and Manual ) , it is much more extensive than the Original User guide and walks you through examples from beginning to Start , and it's pretty good.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/documentation.html

I also still have this CA Drawing Order Cheat Sheet from years ago , which may help too...

CA Drawing Order QuickTip.docx

Thank you for the pointers to this info!  I think that I'm getting close after a day of fussing with it.  I thought I had set everything up to begin with (except I forgot to uncheck the ceiling over this room option).  My Christmas vacation will be pouring over the tutorials!

Thanks again!