bgolfy

windows ..

Hi,

I'm trying to build this kind of windows ... "inside" the wall.I tried to buil a railing wall with glases at the Top ... I also tried with a pony wall .. didn't work.

Does anyone has an idea ? ... brilliant one :) ... thanks

mwindow.png

I would resize the three wall poly-lines to the desired height above floor. Then place my windows casing and sills suppressed, then control-key the windows to the top of the reshaped walls.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure to understand all (three wall poly-lines ??) ... but I will try when i get home. Thanks,

Please post questions in Q&A (Questions & Answers). 

Tips & Techniques is where others share tips and techniques.

Someone will need more info about what you want to do to give a good suggestion.

ct1.thumb.jpg.57b3e051a934779de4d88185e7c38c72.jpg

oops ... sorry ... maybe Moderators will move this post to Q&A.

Solver, this is exactly what I'd like to build .... any link to follow ? Thanks,

I added a 2nd stucco layer to the Stucco-6 wall, and made it 24" thick. I imagine you could just make the stucco layer the thickness you need and not add an additional layer.

Depends on how this will be built -- if you need framing etc in your plan.

Something similar can be done fairly easily with invisible walls and a few Panels from DMDz's Nana Wall Library (attached) ...... I updated his (very) old free Library , and he has since provided a Single Panel version too... He also has an Updated full Library on his website along with other free and for sale items ....

DMDz NanaWalls Updated 2017.calibz

DMDz_NanaWall Single Panel.calibz

Capture25.thumb.JPG.2670fd3b1e31c138efd9e0206de57658.JPGCapture24.thumb.JPG.15db5a9223964c94ad3e95ea787ae22c.JPG

• Upvote 1

On the left side, I have a problem with that (very) thin wall between the 2 windows and, on the right side, the angle, I cannot join properly the 2 windows ... tried to play with lot of windows parameters ... i will try Kbird1 files ... Thanks

window.jpg

Kbird1 ... DMDz's Nana Wall Library  are doors. I'm trying to do that with windows as on Solver's previous post. Thanks by the way ... I will use them one day.

making corner windows is an issue , has been for many years , but you can force them to join by bumping them together , fast and hard usually . Not sure if the minimum window separation setting will help with the other issue or not?

So why windows , not doors ? the photo seems to show a Door in the middle at least

I don't know if solver used doors or windows what they seems like ... see his previous post here. In my example I used Stucco wall with 300mm thick and on windows property I put Sash inset to 250mm to get what you see. Corners are my problem ... also joining the other window.

The original photo shows 1st floor windows as you can see attached.

window2.jpg

Okay ...in the night time view I thought it was a Terrace with doors leading out , in the daytime shot I see it is Windows and an Open Sash (casement) Window...

Mick,

Thanks for posting the DMZ calibz files.Seem to have lost my along the way.

Have a great week, Ken