Importation Of .plan To Old .plan And/or Adding Created Trellis To Library.

Krodek

I wasn't thinking and have 2 Chief X6 .plan files, which I would like to combine.  The newer .plan would ideally be exported to the older main plan if Chief doesn't allow you to import or transfer or combine one Chief file with another.  I see lots of ways to import/export DWG plans etc. but not .plan Chief files.

Another solution is to take the newer .plan file, make a library component or CAD block out of the elaborate trellis I created, add it to my library and then call it up to paste into my old main plan.  However, I can't seem to capture the whole trellis either.  It is done with framing members, planters, plants, grade, pavers etc. and is not like a standard 2D CAD file being a 3D build with elevations. 

I would like to have the trellis made into a block and added to my library regardless so that I could use it in other projects and be able to also modify it to suit other plans.

Any help is appreciated.

Doing this is easier said than done. What I would suggest is to open a blank plan along with the plan that has the trellis. Tile the views. Take the trellis pieces and copy them (in place) to the blank plan. Then try to select them all and block them. Now because they are 3D objects, you'll have an "architectural block" not a "cad block" that you can add to the library. A warning though, sometimes architectural blocks lose their origin (or used to). I haven't done it in a long time. Good luck. 

Hi

Thanks for the help.  I've had success in copy/paste to the other plan.  I found the issue was that I had to not only highlight around the trellis, but also go to Edit, Select All.  Then the entire highlighted area was able to be pasted.  Previoulsy, I couldn't paste.  The actual paste option was greyed out and wouldn't work. 

Thanks!