nickkader

Does this program do labor and material estimating

It does not do Labour at all and it only estimates exactly what you Draw/Model in the Program....and you need to add pricing etc , it does not use RS Means or Similar.

Download the Trial version and have a play with the Materials List function and see if it works for you...

there are some videos too ...

Youtube Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChiefArchitectInc/search?query=materials

Chief Website: not sure if you need a login here though...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/search/?default_tab=video&q=materials+list

M.

a good partner for Chief is Planswift

from what I hear

Lew

Thank you for the question.  Chief Architect will calculate a materials list.  It does not supply the regional pricing, so you would need to input the unit pricing value and then the materials list will calculate the total costs.

There is an option to show a labor column in the materials list that you can assign a labor cost to for each item that displays in your materials list.  You can also add a labor cost to individual objects such as windows, doors, etc. (in the objects "Component" dialog box).  Then the labor is added automatically when you place the object in your plan.

Feel free to contact our Sales Department if you have any questions about how this works.  You can email sales@chiefarchitect.com or call 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ricatic
    Newest Member
    ricatic

• By CarpenterCurt
      I have actually searched for this topic and do not seem to find anything.  When putting an estimate together with the materials lists how does Chief orient the drywall?(if at all)  In the real world it all depends on the situation and whether it is commercial or residential.  I am trying to get the materials lists as accurate as possible so there is less take off work to do in the end.  If I switch from 8'  to 12' sheets does the program lay them out horizontally and get a sheet count, or does it just take the total square feet and divide it into sheets that way depending on what is on the wall layer materials selection?  My guess is the latter since I have not seen any option or toggle anywhere.  Thanks in advance.
    • By MHVisualServices
      Updated 12-8-17

I have a client who had a set of hand drawn plans converted into AutoCAD to submit for plan check/approval.  They are missing certain components that need to be added, see "scope of work".  Have a dropbox folder for review if anyone is interested in bidding.  The completed set of CAD files will be given to an Idaho engineer for review and submission.

Attached are samples of the files.

W 3.pdf
      W 1.pdf
      w 4 - A.pdf
      Letter Outlining Scope of Work.docx
    • By stuart1111
      I tried to use CA for material take offs and costs for bids. but was frustrated in the past. Materials not correct, etc

Is it really possible to draw a project, get a real material take off of quantities with costs?
      Have not found so.

if so, pls make any suggestions, training videos, etc. Or if not, a separate estimating software.

It is taking too much time to turn an estimate around.

thanks
      ver 8