Building Plan Sequences

Jeanette

Please Please Help!

I have just started learning CA pretty much the day I started interning 3 weeks ago.

I have retrace the plan. Have all the different wall types.  I managed to create the As-Built and it s in the background of the default plan. Now I want to show what walls are to be demolished and new wall to be framed.  How Do I go about in doing this?

I want to be able to show on separate sheet what the as-built plan, a demo plan and proposed plan.  Am I working and creating all this one one layer set or should I be creating a layer for a Demo plan and Proposed plan.  If that is the case and I am on the Demo plan, if I removed a wall, it removes a wall permanently on the default plan.

Thank you for the time!

Jeanette

Darn it!  'm sorry. I have this posted in sales Q&A

Jeanette,

Check out CA training tutorials on remodeling (starts at #358) - select the 'remodeling' topic in the 'select a video series' selection area. I think most of your questions will be answered in these videos. #363 addresses your specific questions regarding using layers, I think.

I have my layout referencing a seperate file for the as built/demo plan from my remodel plan. In the remodel plan I have a (locked) layer that is the existing walls shown as dashed lines. Any time a wall is moved on the remodel plan it exposes a wall to be demolished.

Please Please Help!

I have just started learning CA pretty much the day I started interning 3 weeks ago.

I have retrace the plan. Have all the different wall types.  I managed to create the As-Built and it s in the background of the default plan. Now I want to show what walls are to be demolished and new wall to be framed.  How Do I go about in doing this?

I want to be able to show on separate sheet what the as-built plan, a demo plan and proposed plan.  Am I working and creating all this one one layer set or should I be creating a layer for a Demo plan and Proposed plan.  If that is the case and I am on the Demo plan, if I removed a wall, it removes a wall permanently on the default plan.

Thank you for the time!

Jeanette

Darn it!  'm sorry. I have this posted in sales Q&A

Jeanette, feel free to call me and I'll do an online meeting with you and show you how we do remodel plans. I could also give you a profile plan that already has the anno sets set up for doing the remodels. Give me a call or email me at the email address below in my signature if you like. My cell # which is not in the signature below is 832-754-6160.