Rendering Options In Home Designer Architect Vs Pro

TylerS

I was looking at the product offerings and I'm a little concerned about two of the restrictions on the Architect version.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/product-chooser.html

Full control of render settings allows you to customize your photo-realistic rendering for speed or visual quality option is only available on pro.  Does this mean that image quality is limited in the architect version?  What kind of settings are limited and what do they do?  Is the image stuck on high quality / slow speed, or low quality / fast speed?

Define the North Pointer for Sun Angles is also only available in Pro.  What does this mean for architect?  Is there no sun in the renderings?  Or is there just no choice on the angles?  Or is there some other way to define it?

do you mean PRO or Premier

the HD products highest version is HR PRO

Chief Premier has a lite and interiors and a full version of Premier

all of the HD products are very limited in there rendering features compared to Premier

none of the HD products can do raytracing

there is a comparison chart on the HD website

there is a comparison chart on the CA Premier website

as Scott said download the trials and play around

Lew

This is for personal DIY so the Professional (Chief) product line is out of the question.

The struggle I have is that on a rendering and feature basis the Home Design Pro ($500) seems to be similar to competitors $100 products.  I find it hard to justify the $200 for the architect series (and especially hard to justify the $500 product).  And the $100 "Suite" series is very limited in features compared to competitors.  I've got a 15 day demo with a competitor's product plus the demo of this product so we'll see what I go with.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyler,

We would be happy to answer questions.  We can discuss your needs and which product might be the best fit for you as well as how we compare to other products..  Please give our Sales Department a call at 208-292-3400.  You can ask for Derek.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Sales