Cabinet Mounted Outlets

RobUSMC

Did the outlets that we could apply to the end of an island or side of a cabinet get removed. I know they used to be in the "Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing" library of the core. Now there is Ceiling, Floor and Surface mounted but no longer cabinet mounted. I cant get the surface mounted to snap to the side or end of a cabinet? 

20 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

Did the outlets that we could apply to the end of an island or side of a cabinet get removed. I know they used to be in the "Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing" library of the core. Now there is Ceiling, Floor and Surface mounted but no longer cabinet mounted. I cant get the surface mounted to snap to the side or end of a cabinet? 

Not sure what you're doing differently, but they work just fine for me.  Starting in X9, any surface mounted outlet should snap right to the side of your cabinet.

You don't need to use the old cabinet mounted outlets that we had in X8 and prior.  They didn't work very well and had lots of problems.

In X9, you should be able to place any wall mounted electrical object (outlet, switch, or light) directly onto any cabinet side.  It should attach to the side just like it will attach to a wall.  And even better, if you move the cabinet, it will move with it.

If you are having problems placing an outlet on a cabinet, you might want to try placing it in a camera view instead of a plan view.  If you still have problems, then you might want to post a plan or picture showing the problem situation.  If all else fails, you may want to contact tech support for more help.