create a new line type on a new layer

jparchitect

very cool !

I see how to do this with lines - it works great !

How do I do the same thing with text ?

I have looked at the annotated text section of the users manual and looked at my active defaults

the active defaults reads - the roof plan notes layer but when I select the text tool it is placing text on the text layer

What have I done wrong

Thanks much 

John

X9

mac pro 3.5 ghz 6 core

Oh ya...you can also simply double click on the text tool.  This will take you to your currently active text default.  You can just temporarily change the layer there instead of creating a whole new text style.  Just depends on how you prefer to work and how deep you want to delve into Annotation Sets and such.   

Unrelated, but on a side note, I temporarily change wall types using that same method...double click on the wall tool of choice and change the wall type that gets drawn using that tool.  

Michael,

Don't forget there is one proviso in relation to the above.

The double click to get to the active default dbx for that tool is conditional upon "Edit Active Default on Double Click" being toggled on in Preferences.

If that is toggled off, a double click will open the Saved...Defaults dbx instead of the active default dbx for that tool.

I am not sure what is the OOB state for that toggle.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Michael,

Don't forget there is one proviso in relation to the above.

The double click to get to the active default dbx for that tool is conditional upon "Edit Active Default on Double Click" being toggled on in Preferences.

If that is toggled off, a double click will open the Saved...Defaults dbx instead of the active default dbx for that tool.

I am not sure what is the OOB state for that toggle.  

Good point Glenn.  Thanks. 

Hey Michael & Glen

You guys are great  !

That works so there is some hope of me turning out  my  first set of working drawings with Chief

It is painful slow when learning a new software

Thanks, thanks & THANKS

John

X9

mac pro 3.5 ghz 6 core

• Upvote 1